part 17: cameron manor

Kie fell asleep about 10 minutes into the ride. I guess I don't blame her, this whole ordeal has been tiring.
The driver is silent, so I am too. Looking out the window, I notice all the greenery on the island. As far as vacation getaways, Saba is small. It only takes about 4 hours to drive coast to coast... finding the treasure shouldn't be hard.
I glance over at Kie and feel a pang in my chest. I don't know what it is... but I feel guilty when I'm with her. Seeing all the pain my dad and I caused, and seeing how it didn't just effect John B, but Kie too. I never meant to hurt her of all people... I've always thought she was the best one out of all of them. Level headed, nice... she was everything you'd want in another person.
Not to mention... beautiful.
The car jolted to a stop.
We're parked in front of a tall building White marble stairs lead up to the open lobby area. We're so close to the water, I can see it from the car window.
Nice one, dad.
I open my door and step out to look around. Kies eyes shoot open as I start to move around.
"Sleep well?" I ask, smirking. She rolls her eyes and exits the car.
I walk up the marble stairs and into the lobby where one lady is standing at the check in counters. For such a large place, the staff looks a bit scarce. Not a single other person is in the lobby.
"Cameron?" The lady asks as I step in.
"Yes." I nod.
"Welcome to your manor, sir."
My eyes widen. Had my dad bought the whole hotel?
"Your father probably told you this, but just as the hotel was about to go bankrupt, your father bought it, and refurbished it for personal use. Some of us have been here since this place last had residents."
I look around, astonished. I had no idea my dad had this entire place...
Now I'm beginning to think it's not inconspicuous enough.
We would definitely be found here, and then, I'd be in deep shit.
I turn around and look at Kie, who looks so tired she might fall asleep while standing.
I suppose we can stay here for one night.
I thank the woman behind the counter, grab Kies hand, and make my way to the escalators.
"Hey-" She starts, but she's too sleepy to even protest.