Part 6: Back in Town

"Hey country club."

I knew that voice. That voice that's really grating on me... but Barry is essential to this. He does the groundwork so I can go in and finish it.

"Pilot says we're landing in a few."

I say nothing. He knows I heard him, but he doesn't leave.

"Rafe?"

"Mhm?"

"What are you gonna do when you get back?"

"Barry so help me god when we land in the outer banks, they will regret their entire lives."

"That's the Rafe Cameron there. Stick it to those kids."

"Exactly! Why the fuck shouldn't I do that?" I can't help but yell. Barry barely understands the tip of the iceberg, but at least he's on my side.

"Barry, they took everything. They took my life, man. It's something they won't ever heal from."

"Rafe listen I... I get it, but you need a plan. You can't just go in all bloodthirsty like this, you gotta handle this smart, these Pogues have family and shit, and you know that one rich one will hire people if that girl goes missing."

"Kiara. Her names Kiara." I sighed. He wasn't wrong though, I need a bulletproof plan.
"Buckle up." I said to him.

He sat down across from me and buckled into the seat of the cargo plane. There were only 10 seats altogether, but for a cargo plane, it's not too bad.

I had to pay the pilot a hefty bribe to get on here. This was our only shot back to outer banks.

The plane began to go downwards, and I clipped my seatbelt together. The plane kept dropping until finally the it bounced, and scraped against ground.

"Home sweet home." Barry muttered.

The plane landed on the runway and we exited. I look around for some type of vehicle. I need to get to Tannyhill to get supplies for my already developing plan. A spot 2 motorcycles in the far corner of the runway, away from planes. They probably belong to someone on the staff. They wouldn't mind if I borrowed it for a little, I'm sure.

"C'mon Barry!" I holler. I swing my leg around one motorcycle and Barry does the same to the other.

He trails behind me as I drive down the runway and onto the main connecting road. I need to get to Tannyhill to get my things. Supplies, rather.
I take a sharp left and I'm on the familiar road to Tannyhill. I slow down after the turn, I don't want to attract any attention, I have no idea where those Pogues are.

I pull the motorcycle to the side and park it on the street a few blocks away from the house.

"Barry, wait here. I'll be in and out."
Before he even opens his mouth I jump of the bike and jog in the direction of the house. Barry's great and all, but he isn't exactly stealthy.
As I approach the house, I hear voices from inside.

I quickly press myself against the wall. I don't have a gun or a knife, or anything to defend myself. I'm going to have to be in and out quick.
I try the main door... which is unlocked. Why is the door unlocked?

Slowly I step over the threshold and into the house. I hear the voices more distinctly now, and immediately I recognize the voice of that blond idiot Pogue. The son of that druggie who took off a few months back.

I remember the evening of Midsummers. He was working as a waiter that night, and he had given some note to Sarah. Topper hated she was hanging with those lowlifes, and we decided to teach him a little lesson.