Part 19: sharing

(what their room looks like)

Damn.

Rafe sat down on the edge of the bed. The thought of Kiara, naked, with just a thin curtain in between them... it was doing things to Rafe. Something had come over him... something that wanted nothing more than to make her feel all the things she made him feel.

But he couldn't give in. He couldn't risk everything like that... if things went awry, his life would never be the same... he'd lose her forever. 

But he needed her so badly.

Rafe heard the soft click of the bathroom door, and she stepped out, wrapped in the towel he had given her. Her hair hung loose and damp around her shoulders, and she shot him a sheepish smile. 

His heart skipped a beat. She was mesmerizing... and he couldn't help but take every aspect of the sight in. 

"Why are you looking at me like that." She said, more like a statement than a question. 

Rafe's lips began to move, to explain himself... but he just couldn't. All he could do was sit and look. 

"Hello?" She snapped her fingers. "Anyone in there?" 

He blinked a few times, then shook his head, snapping back to reality.

"Sorry, sorry." He muttered, turning to face the large floor-to-ceiling window on the other side of the small hotel room to offer Kiara enough privacy to get dressed. 

"There's a bathrobe in the little closet." He said to her. He heard the scuffle of her footsteps on the old carpeted floor, then the soft creak of the closet door opening. 

"You can turn back around." She said softly. 

He did, and she was wearing the white robe now. It had a plunging neckline... and it wasn't a normal cotton robe, it was made of a thin sort of satin-ey material. Very, very thin. So thin he could see... well, something that stirred that familiar feeling of arousal he felt whenever he was around her.

Nope. He had to stop thinking these things. It wouldn't end well. 

"We should get some sleep." He said, averting his gaze quickly. He kept his eyes on the carpet beneath his feet. "You can take the bed."

"There's no other blankets or anything in the closet Rafe. and you're right, we can't go ask the front desk... you can't sleep on the floor."

"Then what do you suggest, hm?" He asked, glancing up at her. She took a few steps closer to the bed.

"Maybe we should just share for tonight."

Rafe couldn't believe what he just heard. Share the bed? What was wrong with her? Why was she suggesting this? Then that thought crossed his mind... could she be feeling the same things he was?

"I mean, just for tonight." She began to backtrack. "once we find another place it'll be fine, I was just suggesting-"

"No, you're right. Let's do that, we'll share." He interrupted. She smiled, and what seemed like a quick look of... relief flashed across her face, but before he knew it, it was gone. Maybe he had just imagined it.

"I'm pretty tired, and we should leave early tomorrow." She said. Rafe nodded and got up from the bed, going into the bathroom to wash up. Just a quick shower to get the day's sweat and grime off... but before he went into the bathroom, he made sure to grab himself a towel. 

After about 5 minutes he stepped out of the bathroom, tying the towel around his waist. He used his hand to wipe the fog from the mirror as he looked at his reflection. His hair was getting a bit long... maybe he should get it cut, once they go back to OBX. He gave his hair a little shake and ran his hand through it to dispose of the excess water. 

He stepped out of the bathroom and immediately noticed Kie passed out on the bed, snoring softly. She looked so peaceful like that... so happy. He wondered what she might be dreaming about. He let his towel slide off his waist, his body concealed by the dark. He slipped on a pair of boxers that he had in his bag. He stepped over to the bed, gently pulling the covers over her body.He walked around to the other side of the bed and climbed in trying to be gentle so as not to wake the girl next to him.