Replacing you was my biggest mistake..

TW : Angst

Summary : Dazai can't stop thinking of his old partner even if he left the PM years ago. He tries to cope by finding someone to replace him, Kunikida.
—————————
3RD PERSON
It's been years since he had seen his ex-partner. Ever since he left the Mafia, the ginger still remained in his mind, till now.

Now he's got a new partner in the Armed Detective Agency, his friend— Kunikida. Dazai truly liked his current partner, co-worker.., friend. He truly did.

But deep in his heart, he knew the main reason why he liked the male. It simply reminded him of Chuuya, the way he acts when he gets annoyed or frustrated.
They resembled each other, and this was Dazai's way to cope with the loss of his beloved.

That was until one day, when he was with Kunikida. He had met him again, the easily tempered redhead. But here's the thing, he didn't even get time to day something.

——————————
CHUUYA
Even through the crowds, I could tell. It was him.
I knew those curled messy dark hair, I knew those chocolate brown eyes, I knew those old and dirty bandages. I knew him, Dazai. But why can't I go up to him? What's the matter?

Maybe it was the fact that he seemed so happy, happy leaving the mafia. Happy.., leaving me. Still, was it wrong that I wanted to see him again? Even if he left?

—————————
3RD PERSON
Chuuya stared far into the distance, watching Dazai's every move. But it wasn't just Dazai that was there, the person that replaced Chuuya was there too.
—————————
CHUUYA
Dazai had looked so happy with his current partner and life. I couldn't bring myself to say something. I just stared from afar.. watching the brunette living his best life in the light while I was trapped in the dark. Alone.

I smile at myself for a bit, god who knows why. Maybe it was to make myself feel better, but the tears that rolled down my face signaled that the smile wasn't working. I brought my hands to my face, wiping away the droplets of tears.

By the time I was done crying, I saw him look straight in my eyes. He looked at me, his eyes widened while his pupils did the opposite. Dazai looked at me, oh how I wish could just stare into those lifeless, dark eyes forever, it didn't matter if no light shined in his eyes, it bought me comfort.

————————-
3RD PERSON
Chuuya reached his hand out to Dazai from distance, hoping to meet another hand. He saw the brunette's hand twitch through the crowd, but someone took his hand first.

The redhead's blue eyes pierced the blonde that held his ex partner's hand.
From a distance, he heard :

"Let's go, Dazai. We're late..!!" The man shook Dazai.

"ARE YOU DEAF!? YOU SORRY WASTE OF GOOD BANDAGES...!"

Dazai faced the male, smiling. "How mean Kunikida-kun! I just saw a beautiful woman.. Can I talk to her first? We're meant to be!!" The male grabs his heart dramatically.

Kunikida slaps Dazai on the head before continuing to pull him away from the crowd of people. Leaving Chuuya, alone. Yet again.
—————————
DAZAI
Millions of thoughts ran around my mind. Was I imagining things..? Was it really him? Where am I going? Did I leave him?

Did he try to reach out to me? Why was he crying? Who made him cry? Was it me?...

I felt discomfort, a disgusting feeling whirled up inside me. It almost felt as if, someone stabbed a knife into my heart.

Was leaving the Port Mafia really the right decision?

Oh how I wished I had taken Chuuya with me.. it's too late now.

Crying rn

Word count : 627 words