Hand warmers

TW : slight angst, fluff, ooc(?)

Summary : Cold hands.

3RD PERSON POV

Ever since Chuuya became a vessel for Arahabaki, many things made him insecure about his humanity.
One of them being his natural ice cold hand.

It was unsual and became even worse during winter. Chuuya hated it because it made him not feel human, nothing more than a mere cold vessel.  He did not have the heat of a human he desired for, his hands cold just like a doll's.

His only solution was hand warmers. It kept his hands warm. Only then did Chuuya feel a bit relieved.

-

January 6th

Currently in Yokohama, it is the coldest month in winter.

Bustling people filled the streets, huddled up in their clothes.

Chuuya held his coat tight to keep warmth, but really, he did not feel cold.
It bothered him even more that he did not carry any hand warmers currently. His hands, colder than ice.

He hated it. He hated winter. Chuuya was always reminded of his inhumanity. Thoughts ran through his head as he clutched his gloves for any sense of warmth.

"Well, look at who it is~"
Chuuya looked up, he met a familiar person. Someone he hated so much.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He looked at the man in front of him who had nothing than his usual attire and a scarf.

Dazai simply smiled and held up his hand, his bandages, old and dirty.
"Were you looking to buy something as well?" He asked the ginger, moving next to him.

Chuuya opened his mouth to reply but he hesitated. He looked at Dazai next to his side and continued walking, "I was, actually."

Dazai followed him right behind, "What is it?"

"Hand warmers." Chuuya blunty replied as he made a sharp turn. Although he could not shake off the other from following.

"Is that so.." Dazai mumbles, "Are your hands cold?"

Chuuya glances at Dazai who cheerily smiled at him, "No."

"I see." The pair walked in complete silence, none of them uttering another word to each other.

"Stop following me." He said, glancing back behind him.

"I'm not. You're the one that's following me."

"You're behind me how can I follow you, jackass."

Dazai stays silent as Chuuya only groans in annoyance. Both kept walking until they finally stopped, at the same time, facing the same store.

They both looked at each other before running off into the store.

--
"I apologize, hand warmers are currently sold out." The elderly man apologized, bowing down.

"No, it's alright. I understand." Chuuya said, but really, it wasn't.

He walked out of the store to see Dazai with freshly wrapped bandages and a bag.

The brunette notices how Chuuya walked out empty-handed.

Chuuya kicked the rock on the ground as he kept walking, his hands shoved inside his pockets.

"Stop following me." He says.

"The agency's this way." Chuuya sighs as the agency was in the opposite direction.

Dazai steadily catches up to Chuuya's fast walking. He pokes him, "I want to give you something."

Chuuya looks at Dazai and raises an eyebrow. His pace slows down slightly. "What?"

"Give me your hand." Dazai holds out his right hand. Chuuya frowns a bit in confusion.

He sighs as he pull his left hand out of his pocket, holding it out to Dazai.
Dazai swiftly grabs his hand and intertwine them together.

Chuuya looks at Dazai who just kept walking while facing front. He wanted to object but hesitated.

His arm loosens along with his grip as their hands are kept together.

"...."
Dazai whistles as they walk together. He quietly hums a song.

"Your singing sucks, shut up."

"I'd like to see you try and do better than me." Dazai groans, sticking out his tongue.

"Fuck off." Chuuya yells back, though he does not let go of Dazai's hand.

Both men let out a sigh.
Chuuya was a bit insecure about holding hands with his cold hands. Dazai's hand were just as cold, so it made him feel slightly better.

As time passes, their intertwined hands warms up from the physical contact.
They walked far apart, but their hands still kept together.

--

"You can go now." Chuuya spoke, as he stood not far away from his apartment building.

Dazai smiles, "Finally..!!" Chuuya blankly stares at him before his eyes trails down to their hands.

Chuuya quickly broke the physical contact between them by letting go of Dazai's hand.

"I hope I never see you again." He says before walking away.

"Chuuya! Wait, catch!" Chuuya turns around to see Dazai rumaging his bag.

He throws a package of hand warmers towards Chuuya.

Dazai grins before walking off. Chuuya stares at the hand warmers in his hands, he lets out an annoyed sigh.

"My hands are already warm enough.." He slightly smiled before walking away, hugging the package of hand warmers.

SORRY FOR LATE UPDATES crycry

Word count: 822