The devil

TW: Slight angst/suicide mentions, kinda ooc, suggestive themes.

Summary: Dazai commits suicide one night but instead of death he gets tangled with a devil.

On one night, Dazai had finally gotten enough of life. He deemed it pointless and dull. Without a suicide partner, he ended it all— his lungs filled with the ocean itself.
This is what he had been dreaming for, it wasn't entirely painless nor quick but it was quiet. Nobody could nag and bother him anymore. Slowly, he fell into the silent depth of the ocean. Just when Dazai thought it was over in this endless hole, something had reached out to him.

He wasn't moving anymore and was far deep into the sea. He was only conscious, his body numb. So, who could it be that pulled the suicide maniac Dazai? An octopus or sea monster? No.. It was none of that.

-
DAZAI'S POV
My chest tightened and I gasped for air. It was painful, breathing was hard.
I thought I would've died by then but it seems like I failed again.

I sat up hastily, my vision still blurry as I gasp for more and more air.
I glance around to see nothing but pitch black. Maybe I really did succeed? Which was what I hoped before a voice crushed my hopes.

"Wow, I thought you'd be dead." 'It' said enthusiastically. Strangely enough there wasn't anyone.

"Where am I?" This better not be the mental hospital.

"My chambers." Everything started to swirl. I squeezed my eyes shut before opening it again to appear in a different place. It was a bedroom of some sort. I raised an eyebrow looking around.

NO ONE'S POV
The brunette glanced around the sudden place. He saw nobody again, but the voice remained. "Up here, jackass!" It called out.

Dazai looked up, although his vision was a bit smeared, he could still make out that it was a person. He squinted his eyes, the person was a guy? He had ginger hair and blue eyes. And in addition, he definitely wasn't human..! Unless those wings, tails, and horns are fake.
"You're not the devil, are you?" He bluntly asked.

"Well what do ya think?" He rolled his eyes, floating in front of Dazai.

Dazai moved back from the 'devil', "How did I end up here? This certainly doesn't seem like hell.." He glanced at the strange bedroom, or chambers according to him.

He rolled his eyes, "Good fucking question. Ya think I'd know?" He flew around his bed, slowly ascending to sit on it. He leaned back, his legs crossed as his tail moved around along with his 'wings'.

"You do, don't you?" Dazai squinted his eyes at the man, or devil sitting in front of him.

The devil perked up at the brunette's statement, "Even if I did, I don't have a reason to say so." He hummed.

"Please." The brunette sighed with annoyance. The world must've really hated him. He didn't know if he was alive or already dead, worst of all he's stuck with this annoying ginger.

"Would I receive anything from it?"

Dazai thought for a while. "Anything you want.." The devil smirked, his wings moved as he flew close to the male. He hovered close to Dazai's face, "Even if its your soul and body?"

Dazai wasn't the least taken aback but rather he felt uncomfortable with their faces distance. He had already decided to end it all, taking his soul and body would just make things easier for him. "Of course, whatever you want.. It's a promise." He smiled. "And I don't break promises."

The ginger devil raised an eyebrow and grinned, he was surprised at Dazai's honesty and confidence. You don't get to see someone offering their body and soul that calmly everyday. "It's a promise."