}•{ Care

~•} C H A P T E R|44 {•~

"Period is the regular discharge of blood and mucosal tissue from the inner lining of the uterus through the vagina."

Aakarsh blabbered his biology answer loud, his eyes widening with each word he said, and raked his brain for any more information whereas Raina looked at him with a baffled expression as if he was a fool.

"Shit! What should I do?" He clutched his soft locks and pulled them as he panicked, walking to and fro in the room fastly.

Fuck.

I know nothing.

He cursed himself at his lack of knowledge regarding this stuff. He cursed his parents for not giving him a sister so that he would be familiar with these things.

He took his phone out, ready to contact his lifesaver Google when he heard a pained whimper. His phone fell on the floor as he rushed to her side, his forehead creasing in horror as he thought,

She's bleeding!!

His eyes narrowed at the small couch and without any second thought, he lifted her bridal style as she was not supposed to move and only take rest.

Raina's eyes widened at his sudden move as she tried to push him but the pain in her lower abdomen only worsened due to that making her groan,

"Put me down Aakarsh,"

"No, you're not moving on your own. You need rest," he countered back sternly making her sigh.

"I'm heavy. You will get your back broken," she reasoned out, her voice low as she frowned.

"What's the use of these muscles if I can't even lift you?" He replied in a duh tone making her heart thud loudly in her ears.

She was frozen all the time when he gently put her down on the bed and sat beside her, taking her small hand in his, and rubbing soothing circles all over her palm.

Aakarsh tried to think of the things that could help her. He had seen it in web series and he would bring exactly that things.

Thinking this he made up his mind and stood up, his eyes wandering to the woman laying on the bed with her eyes closed.

"Do not step out and take rest. I'll be back soon," he caressed her cheek as if she was a fragile doll, his eyes held so much warmth that the ice she built around her started melting a little.

...................

Aakarsh opened the door of the room and stepped in with two heavy bags held in his hand.

Raina's nap was broken due to his loud steps, he made no move to be quiet as he almost threw the bag and rushed to the bed.

Keeping his palm on her forehead, he sighed in relief feeling the normal temperature and her forehead creased in confusion.