Chapter 8

Bays pov:

I heard knocking on the door and then I heard talking, but it didn't last for long. I walked downstairs and J and K were closing the door with their heads down. It was weird I had never seen them like this. If they were dogs their tails would be between their legs. I asked them what happened and they said that that was Melody. And that Emmett must have told her what happened. I was mad, sad, and a little embarrassed at the same time. I looked down then I went outside to my art studio. I texted Emmett and told him I was sorry about my dad and asked him if he was okay. He said it was okay and that he was fine. He just had a bruise. He told me where he was staying and said I could come by if I wanted. I came by and we pretty much just kissed the whole time. We talked and kissed until my dad called me and I had to lie and say I was visiting Daphne and I left. When I got home I went to my art studio and started a painting. I put everything I had felt in it. Surprise, anger, betrayal, hurt, love. I was about half way done when a person I had never seen before walked up to me and started signing. "Are you Bay Kennish?"

Emmett's pov:

I sit down on my bed to work on homework and watch t.v when I notice Bay left her phone here. I don't want to go to the Kennish house but I bet she is in her art studio so hopefully John won't even see me. I got on my motorcycle and rode to Bay. When I got there I saw she was in her art studio and talking to a strange man. I saw the end of him signing something that I couldn't make out then Bay signed "yes,why?" Then all the sudden he picked up his fist and punched her in the face. She fell to the ground. I marched over there and punched twice as hard as he had punched her. He fell down but quickly got back up. We continued to fight and Bay stood up and screamed for her parents. They came just as I was punched in the face. I fell and everything went black.

Bay's pov:

My face was burning and I was shocked. I fell beside Emmett and shook him, nothing happened. My parents looked very confused and shocked. By now Regina has come out and seen what happened. The guy who punched Emmett had ran after he noticed his eyes were closed. Who was he? I had never seen him before. But the better question is, why does he hate me? John got Daphne from upstairs and she looked to see if she thought anything was wrong. I wanted to take him straight to the hospital but they said Daphne could tell if he needs to go or not. She said she thought he was fine he just needed some rest and he should wake up soon. We moved him inside and texted Melody. She came and the two of us sat next to Emmett. Once everything had calmed down everyone asked me what happened. "I don't know. A guy walked up to me and asked me if I was Bay Kennish so I said yes and asked why. Then out of no where he punched me." I started. Everyone gasped and said "are you okay?" " I'm fine. Just let me finish the story. So I fell down then Emmett must have just pulled up because he went up to the guy and punched him. They started fighting and I screamed for you guys" I said pointing to J and K. "Then as you showed up the guy punched Emmett and he fell down." I say. They all stood for a second processing what happened until Katherine said,"so you don't know who this guy is?"" I have no idea. I know he was deaf because he was signing but I've never seen him before." "That's really weird" Katherine says " And it's really creepy, he knew my name so it's not like he thought I was someone else." I say. "About how old did he look, maybe he goes to the deaf program?" Melody says " I could keep an eye out for him If you can tell me what he looked like." "That's a great idea!" Says Regina, he was about your age right Bay? "Yah, he had brown floppy hair and he was normal height. He also had a slight mustache and beard.It happened so fast I don't remember anything else about him." I say, a little sorry that I don't have more information. "It's okay, that's enough information to narrow it down" Melody says. The room was silent for a second until I saw Emmett eyes slowly lift. "Emmett?" I say and sign.