Chapter 13

Bay's pov:

Today I took extra long to get out of bed. After I woke up I just lay there, staring at the ceiling, under my warm sheets. I couldn't gather up enough strength to pull my covers down and get out of bed. Instead I grabbed my computer from my bedside table and started reading e-mails and searching random things. I stopped when the registration form for an art competition pops up on my screen. I click on it and read about it.

SHOW OFF YOUR ART!
Draw/paint a picture of your dream car. Send the picture to: (address) by: July [ ], 2015 for a chance to win your dream car and an extra $1,000!

I re-read the paragraph about three times before it completely soak in. I can draw/paint a picture of a car! I click on the terms and conditions button and read it. After I've read all there is to read I finally get out of my bed and shiver as the cool air hits me. I walk into the bathroom and jump in the shower. When I'm done I dry my hair and get dressed before going down to breakfast. "Good morning!" I say happily. "Hey" Katherine says in a dull voice, unlike her usual sing-song one. "I am so tired, I was up all night starring at the ceiling trying to fall asleep." Katherine says groaning. She hands me my breakfast and sits down in the chair beside her. "So what's up with you? You seem really happy." Katherine asks positively. I want to tell her about the art competition but I choose not to. I don't want them to get their hopes up in case I don't win. I just want to keep it to myself until the results come out. Besides, I don't even know if I can draw a car, I've never done it before. My happy mood slowly drifts away as I think of what will happen if I don't win. I'm not sure how many people are entering this contest and some people could be professionals or something! "I'm just happy about Emmett." I partly lie. "We figured out part of a plan." I say. "Well that's great, I hope they go well." Katherine says putting a smile on her face. Once I'm done eating I put my plate in the sink and go up to my room to start searching for my dream car.

I'm really sorry this is so short! I have been very busy lately and I am doing the best I can. I also am not sure how I would like to finish this book, so if you have any ideas feel free to tell me them! I really appreciate all of the views, comments, and favorites! Keep it up!!!!!