Marytin Runs a Marathon

Joggers had taken to running a marathon along the Skarloey Railway. Each day, at least a hundred different people would be seen running along the footpaths that alines with the railway line. They would often donate to charity, and some would tell the engines which charity they were donating to, and why. The little engines loved this!
"I met a lovely young lass today!" Rheneas said. "She said she was donating to the BLM movement!"
"Wonderful!" Rusty replied! "I met an older man donating for trans rights!"
All the little engines loved this. However, some of the mainline engines did not. They respected the people donating, and why they did it, however, to some, it made little sense.
"Why would you go for a jog if you can just donate from home, and stay in bed?" Percy quizzed. "Surely that'd be easier?"
"I think it's more about the message." Sir Handel replied. "Besides, gives them an excuse to get out of the house and lose some weight!"
Out of all the engines however, Marytin was the most indigent.
"It's dangerous!" He protested! "What if someone clambered onto the tracks! Imagine that!"
"No one wull do such a thang!" Barked Donald. "If they're trying to spread a positive message, then there is no reason to harass us!"
Marytin was still unconvinced.

One morning, he had taken a goods train from the radio station, and had dropped it off at the works station. As he was shunting his trucks, he noticed a jogger talking to Duncan. He decided to speak up.
"Why can't you donate from home!?" He obnoxiously interrupted. "Why go to all this bother!?"
"To stay in shape." The man replied. "It's honestly a lot of fun! It's great to meet like minded people and engines!"
"But that's what friends are for!" Marytin snarled! "If you wanted the exercise, why can't you just go for a run and then donate!?"
"Are you a bigot?" Duncan snapped! "Because if you arre!.."
"I am no bigot!" Marytin stammard, he wasn't expecting Duncan to retort like that. "I'm just using common sense!"
"Pah!" Huffed Duncan! "You look like you could use a marathon!"
"What's that supposed to mean!?"
"You figure it out!" Marytin's crew had to pull the big tank engine away before the argument could escalate. Marytin was left fuming.
"Stupid little engine!" He huffed! "You can be a good person and not run a bloomin marathon!"

A few days later, Marytin was taking a long goods train from the harbour that was bound for the works. He was running well, and enjoying the trip. However, as they began to crest Gordon's hill, the trucks began to hold back!
"Hold back! Hold back!" They chimed!
"Smartin 'up back there!" Marytin growled! And he gave them a fierce bump! The coupling snapped! To Marytin's horror, the trucks only barreled close behind him! "Oh horrors!"
He yelped!
"We have to keep ahead of them!" His driver urged. "If they catch us, those little devils will throw us off the rails!"
Marytin put on speed! He bucketed down the line! The trucks hot on his tail! The guard threw on the brakes in her guard's van, but it could only do so much! They flew down the line for mile after mile! The trucks hot on their bunker, until at last, they lost momentum, and began slowing down. At last, they came to a stop, right by the river station. Once Marytin knew it was safe, he and his crew ventured down the line. Marytin was exhausted!
"Now.... Please... Behave!" He panted. The trucks all smirked in reply. They had succeeded in wearing the big tank engine out. At last, Marytin set off for the works station. Sadly, his story made it before him. And when he arrived, he discovered that the little engines were watching him intently. At last, Duncan spoke up.
"So, laddie, which charity will ye be donatin' to?" Marytin was puzzled.
"Donating? Why would I need to donate exactly?"
"Well." Duncan replied, innocently. "Ye did run a marathon. Did you not?"
Marytin scoffed.
"Fuck off!"