All Lights on Tango

Christmas was right around the corner, and the engines on The Fat Controller's Railway were busier than ever bringing people and cargo across the island. It was only two days before Christmas, when Tango shuffled into the big station yard to see the big and beautiful Christmas tree, being covered in ball-balls and lights! It was one of the most wonderful things Tango had ever seen!
"Bust my buffers!" Tango gasped in amazement! "It's amazing!"
"Too right old fellow!" His driver grinned. "It's truly a spectacular sight!"
Tango had to shunt his trucks away into a long siding, right beside an old crane, one of which was unloading some brightly coloured lights. The equipment was old, which made Tango slightly uneasy.
"Wouldn't hurt to liven this place up a little bit." Snickered Tango. "Looking awfully dreary."
Truthfully, Tango should've been paying more attention, as he didn't see the buffers come closer and closer! Suddenly, the trucks hit the buffers, making a hard and forceful BANG!
"Whoa!" His stoker yelped, and pulled on the whistle chain! The crane, startled by the loud noises, jolted to the side! The crate it was holding slipped from its grasp, and tumbled right on top of Tango! The crate broke to smithereens!
"OUCH!" Winced Tango! "That hurt!"
When Silas and Natille inspected their engine, they laughed and laughed! Tango was most confused.
"What's so funny?" He asked.
"Take a look!" Silas babbled! And took his picture. When Tango looked at the photo, he couldn't help but laugh too! He was covered from funnel to cab in Christmas lights!
"Hold on! Hold on!" Caitlin chortled. "Let's make sure these work, shall we?"
And to their amazement, the lights came on in a bright flash!
"I knew this place needed to be livened up, I just didn't think it'd be my fault!" Tango laughed.

There wasn't time to clean him up, so Tango had to carry on, covered in festive lights! He trundeled happily along the mainline, blowing a cheerful whistle at everyone as he passed by! The other engines could only smile and laugh as the brightly coloured goods engine rattled by. At last, Tango pulled into the works station, where The Fat Controller was waiting. Tango blushed.
"Oh.. Erm... Hello sir.." Tango huffed sheepishly. "Lovely day, isn't it?"
The Fat Controller nodded. His face wore a rather large grin.
"The cranes at the harbour are in need of some maintenance either way." The Fat Controller chuckled. "It's lucky the lights are operational."
"You should've seen us!" Caitlin cackled. "Everyone ogled at us as we passed!"
"All eyes, more like all lights." Natille smiled. The Fat Controller laughed.
"Oh well! We'll have the workmen clean you up tonight. And, perhaps.." He paused. "You can have a new coat of paint."
Tango was thrilled!
"Oh sir! Thank you sir!"
"Of course." The Fat Controller turned away, and strolled for his car, not before waving a final. "Merry Christmas, Tango."
Tango whistled happily in reply!
"MERRY CHRISTMAS SIR!" He and his crew shouted.

And indeed. From the author, I bid you the most merry christmas!

~ Truck of Tar