Nowhere Pilot

Nowhere Pilot 

NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES she would try to get the sounds of her friends screaming out for each other it wouldn't leave, almost like a song in her head that she couldn't get out. Her thumb grazed over the messages as she debates with herself over sending the text, the bird strike had her worried for herself if she were to be chosen as the wingman for the mission as she was reminded why it was dangerous for her to do this job, for any of them.
She walks down the hallway of the base, she hasn't left yet as she had been waiting till she heard some good news about Phoenix and Bob, she was thankful the both of them were alive, Brandy passes the rec room seeing the shadow of someone sitting down in the chair, she sighs turning to the closed door her hand grazing over the knob before turning it over. 

"Hey." She says in soft tone to her sat friend he remains silent, she wasn't unfamiliar to him being silent. "You alright?" 

"Yeah Im okay." Rooster reasures her, she nods her head she looks down at his hands seeing a picture of a man with sunglasses and a blonde woman, she looks down as she realizes. She sighs as she takes the empty seat next to him. 

"Is that him?" Brandy asks him, he remained quiet only nodding his head, he hands the picture to her letting her get a closer look at the man, he sported the same mustache as him and the same dark blonde hair was present in him, she could swear she was looking a mirror. 

"Well I can see where those good looks came from." She remarks, he shakes his head with a smirk, she looks to the woman in the picture, she had seen pictures of Bradley and Carole together, never any of her and her husband.  

"Your mom was pretty." She compliments. "Yeah she was." 

"I'm just thankful I dont look like my dad, If i looked like him I would be screwed in my love life." Brandy chuckles thinking of the drunken man, she had seen what Frank had looked like before booze, he was an alter boy and had been clean good looking man, in her eyes she could see how she looked like him everything else was purley her own.  

"Do you remember what Hangman was saying about Maverick and my dad." Bradley asks her, she nods her head he sighs leaning back looking to her blue eyes. "Yeah, why?"

"My Dad was Mavericks backseater." He explains, she furrows her brows as she finally lets the dots connect as she understands why he was on edge with the older man. 

"He died while they were flying together." He says softly, she looks down as she feels goosebumps overcome her arms on each side, she looks back to him. "Is that why you dont trust Maverick." 

"Because you blame him?" 

"I dont know anymore." He tells, the brunette sighs heavy looking around the dimly lit rec room and back to him.  "Brad, you can't hold onto that hate forever, you know that right." Brandy states, he leans forward folding his hands over his lap.