We Still Have Now

We Still Have Now

SHE PACED BACK AND FORTH running her fingers through her hair, she grumbled to herself as she turns on her heels back against the white concrete of her balcony, she was annoyed with herself and what she had done. 

"You are so dumb, why did you do that?" Brandy grumbles messing with her waves in her hair, she pants closes her eyes groaning in frustration, Everything was good between you two and you just had to make it awkward. 

"You just had to kiss the guy didnt you." She exclaims kicking at her balcony chair into the wall, she sighs leaning on the concrete looking over the busy streets of San Diego. 

"What are you gonna do now?"She asks herself, she turns around picking up her kicked over seat sitting it back up before using it, her leg bounced up and down as she tried to think how she could fix this. "Maybe I could ghost him." 

"No dont do that, he is too nice not just a southside guy you mess with like that." She scolds herself as she looks to her apartment, the sun had started to set on the beach city flooding her living room with orange lights. 

"Here's a suggestion, you talk to him like an adult." She tells herself, she rolls her eyes starting to think if someone was looking at her right now they would think she was crazy, she leans back against the white plastic seat. "Ugh." 

"Or i'm just overthinking this."  

"What to do?" She asks again, she stands up walking into her kitchen, she grabs the handle of her fridge as she looks for anything to drink, her eyes land on a small can of sprite, she shrugs her shoulders grabbing the cold drink closing the fridge. 

"Now where's the pretzels?" She asks turning around on her feet looking to her counter seeing a green package crumbled up on the counter next to her lanyard and helmet, she smirks grabbing them before going to sit in her living room. 

She lets out a relaxed sigh sitting down with her legs crossed, her tv playing a eighties action movie, she didn't care to pay attention the plot of her movie as it was the same thing she had watched hundreds of times back home. She eyes her phone on her coffee table looking between it and her tv screen. 

Don't be a coward she thinks eyeing the black phone screen, she sighs in her own defeat sitting up leaning over grabbing her phone, she opens her text messages and contacts, opening clicking the text bubble. 

Hey are you doing anything right now?  She types onto her screen, she was hoping that he was looking at his phone or near it, she taps the side of the hard blue phone case waiting his response, "Please dont see the text." 

"Please dont." She begs, her phone buzzes making her look down, No why?, she groans hitting her screen on her head, she sucks air through her teeth as her head races with reasons and lies.