I'd Follow You Anywhere

SEVEN MONTHS LATER

SHE FELT THE COLD OF THE WINTER on the window as she strung's up the multicolored lights along the walls of the slow diner. It had been seven months since she was on her mission in San Diego, she had been back in California every month visiting both Bob, Bradley, and Maverick. It's finally winter and she had been wearing puffer jackets and sweaters again, it's jarring for her when she gets to the coastal town to change from full winter gear to loose-fitting clothes. 

"Hang it straighter." Her coworker state watching her struggle, and she rolls her eyes. "There dangly lights there's not much to hang straight." Brandy rebuttals. 

"It's Christmas decorations, not rocket science." Daryl jokes, and she gives him the finger which he returns. "Remind me again what you do here?" She asks him, she can hear him scoff at her remark. 

"Hey, you two!" She can hear her manager shout, she turns around to face the old man, he had changed their aprons to red for the holiday season, and he wore green so he would stand out for his position of power. 

"Knock it off or you're on my naughty list." He joke's, and she gives him thumbs with a smirk, she had been at the diner since six in the morning, she was exhausted and wanted nothing more than to crash in her bed. 

"Daryl grab the tinsel from the backroom." Al order's the young boy, she smirk's at him grumbling, and she returns to string the light along the nail on the wood as patrons enter the diner. 
"You good up there?" Ruben asks her, and she nods.

"So what are your Christmas plans?" Brandy asks the woman, she smiles. "My wife and I are going to see my parents in Rhode Island, it's gonna be a whole family affair we are doing dirty Santa." She explains. 

Brandy nods with a warm smile. "That sound's festive." 

"Well she is excited, she loves the winter's there." She recalls to the brunette. "What about you?"She wonders, the young woman shrugs. 

 "I don't really know, I think that maybe I will just stay here for Christmas." Brandy assumes she can hear a quiet gasp from her coworker. "What so no cozy winter with that fighter pilot boyfriend of yours?" 

Heat comes to her cheeks as she bite's her lip. She hadn't thought about spending Christmas with Bob, she mainly just thought about the hustle of the holiday season and the chaos that would be brought to her house. She had already flown out to California for Thanksgiving with his family, and they treated her as kindly as anyone ever would.
She was almost jealous of him and the ability to have a stable holiday season without an 'Incident'. 

"I didn't think about it I have always spent Christmas here and I don't think we are at the stage of spending the winters with each other,"  Brandy stated's, she was lying, she would happily spend the Christmas season with him if she didn't have obligations in Chicago.