In The Endgame Now

In The Endgame Now

THE WAVES CRASHED IN AROUND the carrier as it moved through the ocean carrying their planes and the other soldiers that worked on the top helping them to take off into the sky,  it was strange for her to be on a carrier when a few weeks ago her brother had made the suggestion of having a wedding on one, as usual she had told him that the military wouldn't let them and now here she is on a dangerous mission. 

No one dared to move as they stood at attention looking to their superiors, if one of them were to even drop anything someone on the ship was bound to hear it. Brandy stood behind Rooster while her wingman stood right next to her backseater kept a stern look as his brown eyes remained unnerved, though to her she knew that like the rest of them they were all sacred for the decision of their captain. 

"It has been an honor flying with you." Maverick states, his voice echoes in the room around them, she looks to the other row of pilots meeting the gaze of Rooster, she only can look away quickly. 

"Each one of you represents the best of the best." His words of encouragement made her heart drop, as if it wasn't trying to be quiet before he started. 

"This is a very specific mission." He continues on, she can see Hangman's shoulder tense. "My choice is a reflection of that and nothing more." 

"Choose you three Foxtrot teams." Admiral Simpson orders the captain, his dark brown eyes can the room as he looked on at the hopeful pilots. 

"Payback and Fanboy." He announces, she can see the two men look to each other, the older man looks to two behind them. "Phoenix and Bob." 

The two looked to each other, seeming surprised at his choice in team. Brandy felt her heart almost skip a beat at his decision, she can feel her palms begin to pool with sweat as she started becoming more and more uneasy at his decision making. 

"Redwing and Ajax." He tells, she looks to her right at the duo, the both of them look to each other shocked, she looked back at the older man as her hands shaked. 

"And your two wingmen?" Admiral Simpson orders him, he looked to Hangman, the man seemed confident and ready, his brown eyes looked to the two pilots rows behind him, Rooster looked to his boot while Daredevil kept her eye forward, though he could tell that she was unnerved. 

Please choose Hangman, he is the better pilot, Please I want to go home,She begged and hoped in her thoughts. I just wanna go home. Her nails dug into her palm as she kept her stance. 

"Rooster." He states, her shoulder tensed as her heart raced in her ears, Please its all i ask, she begged once more silently as she held her breath with jaw clenched, she looked to the blonde rows ahead, she could see his confidence in his face, something that she was lacking as she wanted to scream at the dulling silence that was killing her.