Shusta┊🌺

Credits

shveris

﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

Fanfic title

soft love

﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

Summary

BLÅHAJ

soft toy, shark, 39 ¼ "

﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

Notes

For Zeia.

beta read for once but it's 4:30am so don't expect too much

(See the end of the chapter for notes.)

﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

mysta wasn't feeling well — at all. the detective was leaving his room even less than usual, sneaking his portion of dinner upstairs when everyone was sleeping.

shu had caught him once when he pulled an accidental all-nighter and went to fetch another pack of chocolate cookie pandas from the pantry.

"oh, shu" it seemed like he forgot he was living with other people. the sorcerer gave him a small smile: "hungry, hm?" mysta could only nod before grabbing the plate from inside the microwave. shu was mildly surprised when he put it down again, right in front of the coffee machine.

his hands opened the cabinet with their snacks and grabbed the small cardboard box of pandas, his mind debating on whether to also take the potato chips.

"shu?" the ravenette hummed as a response, closing the door on the cabinet before turning his head to mysta. the detective was looking at his food, fists clutched.

"can i... can i get a hug?" shu stared at him for a few seconds, taken aback. he wasn't used to his best friend asking for hugs, he usually just went for it.

"of course, mysta", shu couldn't help the soft and sad smile on his lips, putting the pandas onto the counter before wrapping his arms around the brunette.

mysta immediately hid his face in the crook of the sorcerer's neck, grabbing onto shu as if his life depended on it. shu simply stood there, thumb rubbing small circles onto the brunette's back — mysta's body felt warm but cold at the same time; composed but it was shaking (out of what?); breathing fast and yet each drag of air didn't seem to be enough to satisfy his lungs.

"do you want to talk or do you just want a hug right now?" shu could feel the detective's body tense up at the question.

"only a hug... for now."

"mhm, i'm here. have all the hugs you want, mysta."

﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉﹉

shu parked vox' car in the driveway, sun setting behind him. he could see the lights in luca's room, mysta's window was dark.