1

Hey guys! Welcome to my new book! This is alternative universe, so whilst Natasha still has her past with the red room, she never became an Avenger and instead went on to become your average person just living her life the best she could. Before we get into this; this book will contain age regression to the fullest extent possible. If that's not your cup of tea, I have plenty of regular books you can check out! Happy reading!!

**

Natasha hums lightly to herself as she leaves the store with a grocery bag full of food to last her a least a week hooked over her arm. The weather today was less than pleasant, rain fine enough to soak you in seconds pouring from the grey, cloudy sky. She'd considered waiting until the rain had stopped, but the longer she'd stared out of the window from the comfort of her living room, the darker it had gotten.

It was evident the rain had no plans of stopping, and she had to get food in. So with her thick white coat keeping her warm and her umbrella firmly in grasp, she'd reluctantly ventured outside. She was glad she did, because the closer she gets to home, the harder the rain began to fall. Cursing quietly underneath her breath as her keys slip out of her fingers to the floor, she bends and picks the now wet things up and scurries as quickly as she could to her front door.

From her peripheral vision, she spots something move. Pausing momentarily with her keys in the lock, she takes a small step back and chances a peak. Her eyebrows furrow in confusion when she spots a person curled up in the apartment entry way just next to her own, seemingly asleep, and she looks around to see if anyone else lingering on the wet street had recognised them.

They hadn't.

With her bottom lip trapped between her teeth, she quickly finishes unlocking the door and steps inside. Dumping her grocery back onto the floor, she grabs one of the many blankets she keeps on the back of the couch and goes to head back outside.

Natasha makes it to the door before she realises she should probably grab a bottle of water too, and with a quiet sigh, she hurries through to the kitchen and grabs two sealed bottles from the refrigerator.

When she makes it back outside, she finds herself approaching the small figure with caution. She couldn't sense any immediate danger, and she could absolutely fight whoever this was off should they choose to attack her, but this didn't seem like one of those situations. This person seemed...scared, and she just didn't want to further that by starling her.

Natasha freezes with a wide eyed look on her face when terrified eyes meet her own, and she forces the corner of her lips up into a small smile as she holds up the blanket and water for the person to see. Now that she was closer, Natasha could see that this was a child. A child who seemed only seconds way from running.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm...my names Natasha. I have a blanket for you, and some water?" She says a little pathetically as she forces her legs to move forward again.

The child simply swallows heavily as she eyes Natasha with pure fear in her eyes, and the red head hesitates before stopping a few feet away from them and crouching down. "It's okay. I'm...I'm not going to hurt you." She places the waters down onto the wet street and scoots them closer to the child with her hand.

It was silent for a few moments before a hand reaches out to grab them, the appendage trembling so violently it has Natasha's heart breaking. She glances back to the safety of her home for a short second before falling properly to her knees, ignoring the rain that absorbs through the material of her jeans and soaks her skin. She rests the folded blanket over her thighs and lets out a quiet sigh.

As she brings her attention back to the child, it becomes obvious that their hands were shaking so badly they were unable to open the bottle.

Natasha hesitates for a short second before scooting forward and holding out her hand, and the child flinches almost violently as their head whips up to face her. Their eyes were wild, shiny with tears and full of fear.

"It's okay," Natasha attempts to reassure with a forced smile. She was so out of her league here it was ridiculous. "I just want to open that for you." She gestures to the bottle.

The child eyes her for a second longer before placing the bottle onto the floor and scooting it back over to her. Natasha takes it and opens it easily before yet again placing it onto the floor, and she scoots herself backwards slightly so the child could reach and grab it without having to touch or be near her.

Natasha watches as the water was gulped down quickly, the hood the child was wearing slipping down her head revealing tangled blonde hair. Okay. So it was more than likely this was a girl. It should have been obvious with her feminine features, but she just didn't want to assume.

"Would you like the blanket too?" She offers it out, and the girl shudders almost violently as she looks between both Natasha and the blanket with hope in her eyes.

Not wanting to get the blanket more wet than it already was by placing into the ground, Natasha hesitates before once again scooting herself closer and unfolding the blanket before laying it over the girls legs.

"Warm huh?" Natasha smiles slightly as she watches trembling, dirty hands clutch the blanket close. She receives no more than a blink in acknowledgment, and she sighs lightly as she folds her hands over her lap.

It was obvious she wasn't going to get anything more out of the girl, but the thought of returning to the warmth of her home and leaving her out here made her feel incredibly cruel. The mere thought of bringing her inside also made her want to squirm in discomfort also. But what else could she do? Leave her out here and pretend this never happened?

Natasha didn't know this persons name, her age. Nothing. But she was just a child, wasn't she? Maybe she could call the police and have them deal with it?

"How old are you?" She looks up at the girl, but she simply earns herself nothing but a blank look.

Frustration growing, she lets out another sigh and tugs the sleeves of her coat over her hands. They were freezing, just like she knew the girls were if the blue tint of them was anything to go by and her urge to get them both back inside was growing.

"Do I call the police? Do I invite you inside? Help me out here kid." She all but pleads, but the child's bottom lip trembles. Her guilt amplifies by a thousand as she scoots herself closer and reaches out to gently take the girls hands into her own, ignoring the flinch as she pulls them inside her sleeves too. Her hands felt like ice blocks against Natasha's own, and the red head lets out a quiet sigh as she slips both their hands beneath the free edge of the blanket.

The girl stares at her with something that could only be described as awe as her trembling intensifies by a tenfold, and Natasha sends her what's she hopes was a soothing smile.

"I'm sorry," she quietly apologises as she instinctively trails the pads of her thumbs over the backs of the girls hands. "I know you're scared. I am too."

The girl simply stares, but the hands in Natasha's own don't fight the touch. In fact, they cling to two of Natasha's fingers, and the red heads heart melts.

"Should we go inside? I can make you a hot chocolate. My sister says I make the yummiest ones." She attempts to persuade. If the girl was under eighteen, she'd let her stay the night and call the police in the morning. But if that wasn't the case and she was actually older than eighteen -which Natasha doubts because she was a tiny little thing, she knows she'll have to figure out something else.

The girl licks her chapped lips slightly, and Natasha could see she was close to caving.

Natasha gives her hands a soft squeeze. "I promise you'll be safe. I won't let anything happen to you, I swear." She pleads.

The girl eyes her for a second, and though doubt still remains, her head bobs up and down ever so slightly giving Natasha the okay. With sigh of relief, Natasha rises to her feet, ignoring the uncomfortable feeling of wet jeans against her skin. It was less then pleasant. With her hands still in the girls own, she gives them a gentle tough signalling she should stand too.

And stand she does. At her full height, she barely meets Natasha's chest telling the woman that this was, in actual fact, a child. The cops it was.

"Come on," she smiles, "let's go get warm."

**

I hope you enjoyed!! This will be sort of slow burn, but it'll definitely be worth it I promise!

Don't forget to comment and vote telling me what you think! I'd love to hear your thoughts!