7

After an hour or so of...recovering so to speak, Natasha settles you on the couch in front of a movie in hopes it would keep you distracted whilst she cleaned up the mess in the kitchen. There was a slight feeling of unease in her stomach, but she knew it wasn't over the conversation that had just taken place. It was because things were going to change again, and whilst she didn't like to admit it to herself -or anyone else for that matter- change was always a something she struggled to deal with.

She'd just gotten used to the fact that you were now living with her permanently, and whilst that hadn't changed -nor did she ever think it would, at least not for the unforeseen future- adding whatever new relationship this was going to be into the mix was yet any other new thing; another change. And she wasn't quite sure how to feel about it.

With a silent reminder to herself to think about this at length later, she tips the dustpan full of broken glass into the trash can and reaches for the mop and bucket, filling it with hot water and cleaning solution. She then spends the next ten minutes mopping up the spilled milk, the soft smell of lavender filling her nostrils once she was done.

With a satisfied smile, Natasha decides to head back through to the living room to check up on you. You were still on the couch where she'd left you, legs curled up against your chest and eyes glued to the tv screen. Moana was playing, and it was evident you were hooked. Although she had the intention of bringing you into the kitchen so you could discuss the rules, she didn't have the heart to disturb you.

She simply sets herself down onto the couch, easily welcoming you into her arms when you instinctively curl up against her side and rest your head against her chest.

Natasha herself finds herself mildly amused at the movie playing before her, and she rolls her eyes. Only she would find a kids movie funny.

When the credits start rolling down the screen signalling the film was finished, you look up at Natasha. The woman smiles softly, and when she leans down to place a playful kiss to your nose, you couldn't help but return it. Natasha smile widens slightly as she rises to her feet, scooping you up with her and setting you on her hip before heading into the kitchen.

"Rules?" You ask as rest your head against her shoulder, and Natasha nods as she grabs a sheet of paper and along with a pen from the drawer, setting it down onto the table before easing herself down onto one of the chairs with you on her lap.

With Natasha's arms either side of you, you watch with intrigue as she writes Y/n's and Natasha's rules along the top of the paper in fancy letters. It comforts you to know that it wasn't just you who was going to have rules, but that she would too.

"Okay," Natasha bounces her legs softly to get your attention, and you blink, refocusing your eyes back onto the sheet of paper. "You want to start? Or would you like me to?" She questions.

"You." You murmur somewhat bashfully, and Natasha nods in understanding as she presses a kiss against the side of your head.

"Whilst I'm sure you'll need your own rules eventually, these ones are simply be to help us settle and adjust. There's no expectations. Nothing I'm going to ask of you that you're not comfortable with, okay?" She explains as she writes a the number 1 just below the her previous text, and you nod your head in understanding.

"But saying that," she continues, and you glance back at her. "I'm going to need you to be completely honest with me about both what you need, and want. As of right now, nothing is off limits."

"Okay." You whisper with a tentative smile, and Natasha returns it as leans forward to place a kiss to your forehead.

"Okay," Natasha repeats, "So the first rule will be always be honest with each other. If you're uncomfortable, say so. And the same goes for me."