4

When Natasha wakes up the next day, memories of the day before were quick to fill her mind. She lets out a quiet sigh as she sits herself up in bed, eyes squinted as she comes face to face with the early morning sun peeking in through the partially closed curtains. With a quick glance at her alarm clock, she see's that it was a little over seven in the morning.

With a confused frown -because she'd never woken up this early a day in her life, she climbs out of bed and shrugs on a hoodie before wondering out of the room. The second she hits the hallway she was met with the sound of soft sniffles, and she comes to the realisation that it must have been you that had woken her.

Stomach clenching uncomfortably, she forces her legs to move forward towards the spare bedroom.

Peeking in, she see's that you were sat up in bed with the blankets clutched on your lap. At the slight creek the door emits, your head whips to hers, and she see's that your face was red and streaked with tears.

"Hi...honey. Are you okay?" Natasha asks somewhat unsurely as she reluctantly enters the room. You stare at her, your bottom lip, she notices, trembling. Your eyes shine with a new round of tears, and Natasha, despite her best efforts, wants nothing more than to leave. She dealt with enough tears yesterday.

Something halts her in her steps however, and taking it for what it was, she steps forward and eases herself down onto the bed a little away from you.

"It's okay," she murmurs reassuringly, her nose scrunching up when the faint smell of urine fills her senses. Realising now what the issue was, she reaches out and unclenches your hands from around the blankets.

Although very much confused as to why someone your age had wet the bed, she knew now wasn't the time to ask for answers. You looked seconds way from having a meltdown, and she didn't have it in to deal with that this early in the morning.

"Let's go clean you up," she says, a kind smile on her lips. But you don't seem to hear her. The look in your eyes was undecipherable, almost as though you weren't here despite being sat right in front of her.

Immediately filled with concern, Natasha scoots herself forward and brings her hands up to cup your wet cheeks. "Y/n, hey. Look at me." Your head was heavy in her hands as she forces you to face her.

You take a deep, shuddering breath before you let out a loud sob, and before Natasha knew it she had pulled you forward into her arms. She didn't know what came over her to act so...maternal, so to speak, but she knew now wasn't the time to question it.

Thankfully, you seem to snap out of whatever trance you were in and fall forward against her, your hands desperately clutching her hoodie. You begin to sob hoarsely against her, and Natasha's stomach clenches with worry as she holds your head to her chest.

"It's okay. It was just an accident." She murmurs in desperate hope to get through to you.

You shudder, "I...I...sorry." You choke out hoarsely, your voice sounding like gravel, and though Natasha was shocked to finally hear your voice, she tries her best not to show it.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm not mad." She soothes, pulling you away from her and returning her hands to your cheeks. You stare at her pleadingly, and Natasha quietly shushes you again as she uses the pads of her thumbs as a futile attempt to wipe away the tears that just kept falling.

"I'm not mad." She repeats, her voice a mere murmur, and you let out one last choked sob before forcing yourself to be quiet. You've cried a lot since you've been here, and you didn't want to make her mad. Your throat bobs uncomfortably signalling you had forced yourself to stop crying, and Natasha's heart breaks as she instinctively places her lips in a soft kiss to your hairline.