22

Natasha runs a tired hand over her face as the hotel room door closes with a quiet thud behind them, watching as Yelena eases your sleeping frame down onto one of the two beds and tucks you in.

After over twelve hours of travel, they'd finally made to their destination, and Natasha wasn't ashamed to admit that she had never been more glad to have her feet back on solid ground.

The flight had been absolute hell. She'd gotten her hopes up a little after take off, because you'd seemed content, happy even, but that all went of the metaphorical window when they'd been met with turbulence. It had absolutely terrified you, and nothing Natasha had done had come even remotely close to calming you down.

It wasn't like she could just pop her breast out on command. That would warrant you both to some impolite stares considering you weren't an actual baby. So she'd been forced to listen to you sob your tiny little heart out for the majority of the twelve hours until your exhausted body had finally given in to sleep just twenty minutes before the plane had landed.

From that moment on, Yelena had taken it upon herself to look after you. She'd carried you through customs, baggage check, and from the Uber into the hotel.

"So, that was fun," the blonde breaks the silence after she'd tucked you in, coming to stand by her sister with her hands tucked into her pockets and an amused smile on her face.

Natasha rolls her eyes playfully as she drops down onto the empty bed and bends down to untie her boots. "Oh yeah. I can't wait for the journey home." She retorts with an amused smile, and Yelena smirks as she crawls into bed next to her and lays back against the pillows.

"It wasn't that bad," Yelena tries, and Natasha immediately shoots her an unamused glare. "Okay, maybe it was. But we will both be more prepared next time, no?"

Natasha sighs softly before nodding. She guesses Yelena was right. After longingly eying the empty spot next to her sister for a few short seconds, she begrudgingly forces herself to rise to her feet.

The suitcases wouldn't unpack themselves after all.

*

Natasha watches you splash happily in the tub from her place perched on the closed toilet seat.

It was a few hours later after arriving to the hotel, and whilst Yelena had volunteered to grab dinner at the local pizza place, the red head had taken it upon herself to start getting you ready for bed.

It wasn't that late. Definitely not the usual time she'd stick you into the tub, but as you were getting antsy again and bath time was a sure way to keep you distracted, she'd figured why not kill two birds with one stone.

You were getting clean and having fun. What's not to like?

"Y/n..." she warns when she see's you attempting to drink the bath water, and you whip your head up to face her, eyes wide and innocent. "We don't drink the bath water. It's yucky." She lightly chastises, and you stare at her for a second longer before your bottom lip begins to quiver.

Natasha rolls her eyes playfully as she comes to kneel in front of the tub. "You're not in trouble. There's no need to cry." She soothes as she brushes a wet strand of hair out of your face, and you sniffle once before bringing your attention back to the bubbles.

Whilst you were once again distracted, Natasha grabs the luffa and body wash and begins to get you all clean. She gives you a few more moments to play before hoisting you out of the tub and bundling you up into a towel, your small frame wracked with shivers as you nestle as close to her warmth as you could.

"It's okay detka. Mama will get you nice and warm in just a second." Natasha soothes as she carries you through to the main part of the hotel room, easing you down onto the end before beginning to make quick but thorough work of drying you off.

"Auntie lena will be back with our pizza soon. Are you hungry?" She makes conversation as she slips a clean diaper beneath your behind, rubbing some baby powder into your skin before bringing the front up and taping it shut.

You nod distractedly as you suckle on your fingers, and Natasha rolls her eyes playfully as she finishes situating you into your pyjamas just in time for Yelena to enter the room, pizza boxes in hand.

"Honey, I am home!" The blonde calls as she shrugs off her jacket, and Natasha grins as she scoops your eager frame up into her arms.

You grunt slightly as you pleadingly reach for the pizza, and both women share a fond smile as Natasha gets you situated on one of the beds with a slice of pizza chopped into bite size pieces. Natasha stays close by to clean up any mess you make, but you seem to be happy in your own little bubble as Natasha and Yelena talk quietly between themselves.

However, conversation was abruptly stopped when Yelena stares pointedly down at Natasha's chest. The red head frowns as she follows her gaze, and her eyes widen in horror when she see's two wet circles the size of pennies laid out for all to see. Cheeks immediately flushing, Natasha quickly excuses herself to the bathroom.

The door closes behind her maybe a little harder than necessary, and Yelena watches as you startle and abruptly drop your pizza to the bed. Your bottom lip trembles as you pleadingly reach out for the blonde, and whilst Yelena frowns slightly in confusion, she doesn't hesitate to scoop you up into her arms.

"It's okay. Na-your mama just had to use the bathroom." She attempts to reassure as she sits back down in the spot her sister had just vacated with you on her lap, and though you still seem visibly unsure, you nod your head as you lay your head down against her shoulder.

"So, your mama has milk for you now?" She attempts to get some information out of you.

She figures Natasha would be in the bathroom a while, so she knew she wasn't going to get any information out of her. What Yelena didn't understand was why she had reacted the way she had. Nursing you with milk wasn't any different than nursing you without, so what was the big deal?

You nod distractedly, your eyes glued to the bathroom door.

Well, apparently that was all she was going to get out of you also.

A quiet twenty minutes had passed when Natasha finally leaves the bathroom. Yelena eyes her with concern, but the red head doesn't seem to be able to meet her eyes. That doesn't stop her from pulling you into her lap when you pleadingly reach out for her, pressing a soft kiss to the top of your head as she murmurs soothing words into your ear.

"Hey," Yelena murmurs after a little while, reaching out to nudge the red heads knee. Natasha looks up at her, the look in her eyes undecipherable. "You do not have to be embarrassed." She attempts to reassure as she scoots herself a little closer. "it is the same thing, no? Milk, or no milk. She is happy." She gestures to you who was nestled contently against your mothers chest.

Natasha sighs lightly as she presses an instinctual kiss to the top of your head.

"I guess not. I guess I was just a little..." she trails off, and Yelena nods in understanding. She knows what was left unsaid. She wasn't going to force Natasha to say it. She lays her head on her sisters shoulder and reaches forward to brush your hair out of your face. You look up at her with a sleepy grin, and Yelena couldn't help but mimic.

"I know. But there is no need. I am your sister. I love you." She murmurs, and Natasha smiles softly in as she leans her head against Yelena's own.

"I love you too."

**

Look at that. Two updates in two days.

Don't forget to comment and vote telling me what you think! I'd love to hear your thoughts!