⛓Ch. 14: Scent In The Air

"Just stop b-before you hurt yourself." Jungkook winces as I do my thirtieth pushup in a row, face beat red and arms shaking.

"Never, you dick!" I start silently praying as my knees feel like they're going to buckle.

"It's been twenty minutes! You already passed the fifteen minute mark by far, so just quit!" He stares at the timer as it hits twenty two minutes and counting.

"I'll be damned if I don't prove my point, J-Jeon." I shutter out, breathing hard.

"Say my name again like that."

"Fuck off, cunt."

Of course he decided to add fifty pushups at the very end of his workout routine.

"C'mon, you've proved that you're more than capable! Don't hurt yourself." He tries to reach for me to stand up but I swat him away and immediately go back to my last ten pushups.

"I'm a fucking beast, Jeon Jungkook, a beast!" I holler out and I moan and groan, shakily finishing the last five.

I finish, dropping all my weight onto the light blue workout matt below me, and breathe heavily. Jungkook rushes to me, concerned, while handing me his bottle of water and kneeling next to me.

"What if you had passed out?" He spews, worried at how red my face, neck, and arms are.

"I would've woken right back up and finished the rest." I throw up a middle finger and a shit eating grin, "Nah, I know my limits and I know when to not push them. I don't think I could do more than fifty in one go, either way." I say, honestly.

He scoffs, "I wouldn't have allowed you to continue anyway."

"Why, were you getting worried about me? Don't want me to injure my arms so I can wrap them around you when you take me for a ride on that bike, hm?" I chuckle, slapping his sweaty upper arm jokingly.

He rolls his eyes that suddenly light up, nose twitching like usual, "You smell that?"

I raise a brow.

🤨

"The hell do you mean- "

"Carrots!" He springs up from the floor and runs to the other side of the giant gym as a door opens and the professor enters with some big platter.

"Get me some!" I yell to him, wondering what all it even is, and he throws me a thumbs up as he stops by the professor.

Quickly he comes back, two paper bowls full of fruits and vegetables. Well, mine is at least full of that all but in his he only has... carrots.

🥕⁉️

Filled to the brim with the orange little dudes, he begins munching away. I watch in curiosity, a small smile appearing on my face.

He's tolerable to be around when he shuts up.

"You sure do seem to love carrots more than I thought." I chuckle and eat my watermelon, "How could you smell it? I mean, usually there isn't a real noticeable scent from fruit and veggies so how'd you know when it wasn't even in the room yet?"

I contemplate whether or not I'm just insane and overthinking it.

He thinks for a moment and then shrugs with his cheeks full of carrots, "Just did." He munches away happily and I shrug it off.

"Cool senses, I guess."

He grins.

I smile, going back to eating as I take notice of how his front teeth and full cheeks make him look like a bunny as he nods his head while chewing.