⛓Ch. 17: Predator And Prey

The corner shop's door opens, cracks of thunder causing the cashier to jump as the jingle of bells above the door is drowned out.

"Oh, Yoongi, hello!" Hoseok greets with a quirked brow, "You shop here?" He glances around to all the bright colorful clothing.

Yoongi, drenched in rain with water puddling underneath his shoes, cuts the man's shy smile off by grabbing his shoulder's, towering over him with rage and desperation in his eyes.

"I don't have anyone's number. Please we have to hurry she was bleeding a lot, her head- "

"What? Min Yoongi what are you- "

His tough grip leaves the man's slumping shoulder's as Yoongi grips fists of his wet hair, hood sopping wet as his ears lay flat beneath, "Y/n! There was a black van and men and these crowbars and- "

A low growl emanates from Hoseok while Yoongi heave's deep breathes of air in after having spent twenty minutes trying to track the scent of the car. His hybrid senses aren't extremely strong, not like others, especially not with the rain washing it away.

Yoongi steps closer, leaning in only inches from the shocked man's face, "I know what you are, I can smell it. Just not exactly what specific breed."

Hoseok's eyes widen as he stares down the man, or possibly, predator.

"What does this have to do with Y/n?" He trembles.

"You know what it means. And your scent isn't the only one I picked up on at the diner. Men can go to jail for killing, but animals? It's simply in their nature."

Hoseok gulps, hands shaking as he breathes in Yoongi's hybrid scent. Before, he would try hard to block other's scents out for his safety and their respect. Last thing he needed was to be attacked by another.

"I know someone. Another one of us. His scent is very strong, something different about him from us even though I know he's a hybrid." Hoseok grabs his phone from his back pocket, hitting call when he finds the contact.

Yoongi listens as it rings, his heightened hearing allowing him to listen to the deep voice on the other end, "The fuck you want? Help on your homework? Probably still doing times tables and addition- "

"I know what you are and we need your help." Hoseok tears up as the line goes silent for a few seconds.

"What?"

Yoongi rips the phone from his grasp, "Meet at," He glances up at the big sign above Hoseok, "Bon Bon's. The corner shop by the fudge place. Now, you fuck face!"

Taehyung growls over the speaker as he hangs up, "Wait... " Yoongi spots Jimin's name in the 'recent calls' log.

"But would he be of help? His scent is very... sweet. He might not be a threatening hybrid nor want to take part in- "

"In saving Y/n?"

Silence overcomes them as sweat begins to gleam on Hoseok's forehead, Yoongi setting a reassuring hand on his shoulder.

"I'll be honest, we need as many of us as we can get. With our ability's we have a much better chance at locating and saving Y/n and we don't know what took her or why. Most hybrids stay away from one another but maybe we were lucky enough to meet each other to be strong enough to rescue her together. It doesn't matter what hybrid type you are, just how you use it." Hoseok's eyes widen as he nods, calming a bit as Yoongi hisses out while turning away, "It would just be a shame if the men were in a sudden brutal animal attack, don't you think?"