⛓Ch 15: Whose Lap

"Namjoon?"

The three of us look up on command at the shy male voice.

"Y/n? What happened?" The kind boy kneels to our aid and helps us pick up the remaining papers that fell, "Are you all okay?"

Namjoon nods his head shyly as I speak up for him, "This damn rug got in his way but we're okay though, just helping him... uh... "

"Seokjin! I'm Kim Seokjin but just call me Jin." He grins and holds out a hand to which I shake.

"Ah yes, Jin! I knew I remembered that pretty face from somewhere." I smile and his face heats up a dusty pink as he starts stuttering, "That's a cute beret, by the way." I compliment him on the black beret with little white cat ears on it, matching the oversized black sweater tucked into black dress pants.

"Thank you so much!" He squeaks out and I chuckle as we all stand back up, dusting our clothes off.

I side eye Jungkook as an annoyed sound leaves his throat. I grab his wrist with my left hand thats right beside me and give it a squeeze to tell him to shut the fuck up.

"Hey Jin," A thought pops into my head, "Do you by chance know a Jung Hoseok who goes here?"

He thinks for a moment and then brightens up, throwing a single index finger in the air, "Wait a second, I believe he's the student I worked on a project with last week. Why?" I quirks a brow curiously.

"Well, Jungkook, his friend Jimin, and I are going to lunch and wanted to invite Hoseok but need to find a way to actually text or call him to get ahold of him. Do you by chance have his number? We just recently met and he doesn't know the others so I don't have it."

His brows raise and he smiles, pulling his phone out, "Actually, I do! We had to meet up once outside of school for the project we did. Here, call him."

He hands me his phone and I press call on Hoseok's contact while holding it to my ear, slightly nervous that the man on the other end will assume I ditched him but after a few rings he picks up.

I sigh in relief, "Hoseok? It's Y/n calling from Jin's phone." I chuckle nervously.

"Y/n? Oh my God, hello! How are you? Why are you calling from Jin's phone, you know him?"

His cheery and excited tone relaxes my nerves as I chuckle and nod as if he can see me, "Yes, I do know him, I just happened to bump into him and his friend moments ago. I'm calling because I realized I never got a way to contact you and wanted to invite you to lunch with all my friends and I! If you're free right now, that is."

"Yes! I'm about to walk out of the building right now, you guys still here? I would love to come, thanks for inviting me!"

"No problem!" I smile, "We're at the front. Meet us here and we can carpool if we need."

We say our goodbyes and I hand the phone back to Jin, "Would you two like to join us as well? We'd love for more friends to come."

"Friends?" Namjoon mumbles and then perks up, "Oh, of course! That would be wonderful." He grins shyly.

"Yeah, what Namjoon said." Jin agrees and soon we hear the pitter patter of feet as Hoseok jogs around the corner, meeting us.

"H-hello." He nervously greets everyone and stands a little off to the side, clearly anxious, "It's nice to meet you all, I'm Hoseok." He waves, his black and white striped long sleeve shirt forming a sweater paw over his hand.

"Hi, Hoseok! I'm Seokjin but call me Jin." He waves.

"I'm Kim Namjoon, it's a pleasure to meet you." He pushes his glasses up and I smile at how sweet the two men seem to be.

"Jungkook, Jeon Jungkook." Is all he says and I nudge him hard, "I-it's so nice to meet you!" He adds.

"So, is Jimin- "

"Oh, my bad." Jungkook cuts me off as he remembers something, "Jimin texted me saying he had to run back to his house for something so he'll meet us wherever we end up going."

"Oh, okay. Cool, tell him... the old diner just down the road?" I look to the others who then nod in agreement and Jungkook sends him a text.

"Great, do we want to carpool?" I look to everyone and Jin perks up.

"I can drive us! I can drop anyone off at home or back here after too." He kindly offers and we all thank him as he leads the way out the door, Jungkook and I waiting till everyone's out before following behind them.

I yank his backpack strap a couple times as he looks down at me with a gaze I can't quite place, "Play nice." I whisper with a serious expression and walk ahead of him as he rolls his eyes in return.

"Ah, shit." Jin says as he opens the passenger seat's door, "Forgot I put this all in here."

Stacks upon stacks of books on... ferrets... take up all the space in the passenger seat.

"You like ferrets, hm, Jin?" I chuckle and he blushes.

"It's uh... a school project I needed a lot of research on."

"Right." Jungkook says as he takes in a deep breath of air, eyeing Jin.

I step on Jungkook's foot and he cries out, "What did I say?" I mumble low to him so the others don't hear me scolding his childish behavior.

He sighs as the others open the back seat doors, "Well, whoever's the lightest can sit on one of our laps if everyone doesn't mind."

"I don't mind." Namjoon says.

"I also don't mind." Hoseok shrugs.

They all glance to me.

"Well," I chuckle, "Whose lap am I sitting on?" I say as they all start filing into the back seat of the car, Namjoon behind Jin who's driving, Jungkook in the middle, and Hoseok on the other end.

I bend down and look inside at where I'll have to sit, Hoseok blushing and looking down at his fiddling fingers due to our close proximity.

"You can sit on me, I don't care." Jungkook says right away but I scoff.

"You've got that huge backpack on your lap and your in the middle anyways." I look to Hoseok right in front of me, "Your backpack won't fit by your legs either it seems so I can sit with Namjoon if you don't mind?" I look up to him and he nods kindly.

Shutting the door for Hoseok, I walk around the car and Namjoon opens his sides door so that I can get in.

"I know you don't really know me so this is probably awkward for you, I'm so sorry."

He chuckles in a deep voice that sends tingles up my spine, "Wouldn't be the first time I had a pretty lady on my lap." He pushes his glasses up and spreads his thighs a bit as I take a seat on him.

Holy shit... how shy is Namjoon really?