Somewhere new

Great, now I'm out in the cold and I'm freezing,what exactly have I done to deserve this.I left my best friend, Jackie is the only person here who I know and who knows me well , when I got here I didn't want to break down and cry because my friend was looking up to me, I had to be strong for her , now I've left her in that house, oh God what was I thinking, how is she going to survive there , but if I bring her with me ,her dreams will be shattered and even if mine is her's can't be. I have nowhere to go and I'm in the middle of nowhere, the cold is terrifying, I want to crawl in somewhere, but I guess this is me now. I have to get a place to sleep for the night and get a job tomorrow. I see a group of people lying down on the side of the street and decide to join them. Ahhh .....( I feel someone touching me and searching through my things, I open my eyes to see some rascals )
Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing?!!
Give us your money right now ( he yells out)
Dude if I had money would I be here?
Well well well ( I can see another person making way with my things)
Oh my God, those are mine you jerk( I start to follow them , I run as fast as I can but they get away)
Oh God what is wrong with this place ( I scream angrily and tears begin to flow from my eyes, it hits me, I'm all alone and God knows what's gonna happen next)
Woah , just woah my life is very nice isn't it ? Really God ?! How I'm I suppose to live now , my clothes are gone and I don't have a place to sleep, just great.( I wipe the tears off my face)
Come on Yvette, this not not the time to cry , pull yourself together ( I say to myself trying very hard to believe my own words , I Walk and walk and just when I'm about to sit on the floor and curse my life I see a diner which says " open till 2:00, I walk straight in )
What can I get you miss?( A waiter asks me).
Mmm a job , I want a job
I'm not Steve Jobs( she says laughing) you'll have to see the owner for a job honey
Where is he???
There( she points me to a middle aged man who looks like he means business)that's sir Davis
Thanks ( I walk up to him)
Hello sir ,....
Hi what can we get you young lady?
Mmm I want a job( he looks at me surprised)
You mean you want me to hire you to work here?
That's right sir .
You should ask not demand
I'm sorry sir but I'm having a day , I really need a job please
Look even if I want to hire you, what are you going to do here I already have my staff
Please, I can do anything, I can clean , serve customers , go on errands, just please give me a chance I won't let you down ( I say with a lot of determination in my voice)
Okay...and only because you look desperate and I feel like you won't let me go if I don't hire you, I like  your spirit miss...
Yvette, Yvette, my name is Yvette, thank you Soo much sir... Mmm I have a favor to ask
Already?
Can I stay in the diner , you see I don't have a place to go and I just got robbed....( He looks at me and I feel my heart drop)
Yes you can( he sighs and smiles at me) there's a room here it's not much but it should do.. and miss Yvette if you'd like, you can have lunch and dinner as long as you work here but it'll come out of your salary ( I can't believe my hears, I jump to hug the stranger I just met who is being a God sent)
Thank you, thank you thank you Mr Davis, I won't let you down.
I know you won't , now , Diana?( He calls and the waitress I met earlier came)
Yes sir??
Please get Miss Yvette here a bagel and some tea she looks like she needs it( I smile and look at him)
Coming right up boss
Mr Davis, what will I be doing?
You'll run errands and clean also some deliveries,your salary is $ 50 every 3 hours, are you okay with that and I'll only allow you to work for 10 hours
That's $167 every 10 hours and since I'll be working 7 days a week it is $1167 a week ( I say with my eyes widened) isn't that too much money?
Look at my diner Yvette, I make $3000 an hour, don't worry, it will help you move out of my small basement early and get an apartment ( this man is amazing,he is really God sent)
Here's your bagel and cinnamon tea ( she gives it to me and I munch on like a rabbit with carrot, considering I've not eaten anything and have run more than Usain bolt can ever I think I'm going easy on the food)
Easy there you don't want to choke , well Diana here is my main girl, I don't come to the Diner regularly so she handles everything.
Nice to meet you Yvette, I must say you are one gorgeous lady
Well I guess running a marathon didn't ruin my beauty , ( they both laugh)
I like her she's funny and sarcastic .
I'll take my leave then , work hard Yvette
Thanks Mr Davis, I will.
Diana made me sleep and told me to start work two days later.
1week later
Yvette go do these deliveries, here ( Diana hands me the food , she's no older than me , she's 24 and has been working with Mr Davis for 6 years , she's super nice and I like her vibe, she even lent me some of her old clothes, nowadays I do deliveries, I sit on the motorcycle and go do the delivery, Nick the chef taught me how to ride it )
Aye aye captain ( I grab the things and go)
When I get back I have a burger with fries and salad, Diana tells me all about her younger brother and I begin to miss home, I like working here it's tiring but I get good money and I'm able to eat and sleep with no worries. I plan on gathering enough money to move out and start going to school again..
8 months later
Soooo?
What Diana?( I ask her with my brows raised as I mop the floors)
Come on.. have a house warming party, you just got your apartment ( yeah , I got my apartment, it's not huge or fancy but it's cozy and I can pay for it without having to sell my soul)
Mmmmm
Diana is right Yvette
Not you too Nick... Fine ugh ( she jumps )
Yah, you Yvette, you should enjoy more I mean you're only 19 it's not a crime
First of all I'm 20 , second I don't have the energy to go to parties, but fine since this won't cause any trouble let's do it( I hi five Nick)
We had the party and enjoyed it , we played games and Nick us some Italian food.
I'm finally on a path of slowly achieving my dreams, I'm saving a lot  of money and working double shifts , this is going to hard but I'll get there.
Hey guys
Hi Mr Davis ( I give him a side hug)
I have some announcement to give and you all would like to be seated for it ( we sat, I'm kinda worried Mr Davis looks like he's about to give some tough news)
I'm selling the diner( it is like I've been hit in the head )
What?!! Mr Davis, what do you mean by selling the diner?( Diana ask annoyed)
The diner is going to be turned into a perfume store
Huh?
Gorgina Rodriguez is buying the diner
You mean that multi billionaire is buying the diner to turn it into one of her stores ( I know this woman , her name is all over town , she is one of the richest women in US and she is the owner of over hundreds of perfume companies and stores)
Yes she is , she contacted me and it's a good deal
A good deal? Sir , we work our asses off and out of nowhere to you tell us that you're selling the diner? How am I supposed to earn a living, the diner is my only source of income
I'm deeply sorry , I'm also retired and it seems like a good deal , I can now focus on my other businesses.
Unbelievable, just when I thought things could not get any worse for me.( When I thought my life was now getting on track, I just secured an apartment, how am I gonna pay if I don't get a job like this , ohhhhh woah is it that I'm cursed or I was just born with bad luck.)
I can't tell you how sorry I am , and she comes today
Oh great , so I'll be jobless in a few hours, wonderful news
I'm sorry Yvette and you too Diana
It's okay Mr Davis ( Diana hugs him, he's more like a father to her)
I'll go pack my things
I go to the basement and pick up my few things, Diana and I say our goodbyes and I sit in in the diner thinking about what I'm going to do next, I look outside and see Mr Davis talking to a woman , I'm assuming Gorgina Rodriguez, she is one beautiful woman, she's probably in her mid fifties, well she's here to make me jobless. Wait she's approaching me
Hello there
Hi h..hi?
You must be Yvette
Ye...ye..yes( OMG the billionaire is talking to me) what can I do for you?
Davis was right you are forward
I don't see why I should curve ( she laughs)
And funny, I'm Gorgina Rodriguez
Yes I think everyone knows you
Well Davis was telling me how hardworking you are , and he says you want to go to college
Yeah , but I don't know how I'm supposed to do that now
That's why I'm here , Yvette, would you like to work for me?
Huh?( I ask with my brows raised)
Work for me In one of my companies in New York and I'll teach you a lot about business and marketing, also I'll pay for you to go to Harvard University.( I'm in awe now , she's going to do all that for me ?)
Why?
Because I like your spirit and I could use some help , so what do you say?
Yes!
That's great, so I'll have my stylist give you a makeover and we leave tomorrow..
I don't know what to say Mrs Gorgina
You can start with a thank you, and don't worry , looks like we'll have fun together
Thanks ( the next day her people dolled me up , they made look like a rich woman's daughter, I like Ms Gorgina, she's funny and warm, looks like I have a trip  ,I'm going to New York City and I'm going to college hmm let's see how this goes , I'm terrified but I'm bot letting this opportunity slip by, New York here I come).