4- Goodbyes

Nobody's POV

Everybody was speechless. Their friend was in his uniform. Yes they knew he was in the military. But they never saw him dress like that and with that look. You know the look where you too focus on something...

"You - you leave?" Hailey asks. She was about to cry.
"Yeah, umhh it's urgent, like really urgent but I don't know why..." Jay reply not too sure to what to say.
"Uhmm, when do you leave?" Ask Antonio.
Jay look at his watch and say "1:30PM so in 2 hours".
Everybody was shock... Alvin understand why he needs to go. Hank also, but Jay is like his son. Adam and Antonio were in shock. The girls were about to cry.
"I know that nobody want me to leave, but I have no choice..." Jay whispered.
"We understand son. I know you can't make a promise, but make your possible to come back home." Hank say when he put his hand in the shoulder of Jay to comfort him.
Everybody do a huge hug like a family.

Hank's mind

I couldn't tell him to stay, I knew he had to go. However, I was extremely sad but I didn't want Jay to notice. I didn't want to make him feel more guilty...

Jay's mind

Letting them break my heart. They are my ohana. How can anyone give up their ohana?