13- The evasion

Jay's POV

As soon as I get this message, I'm off to find their doctor.

"Excuse me doctor, when can my team leave?" I quickly ask

"For Steve, Ellis and Mike, they still have to remain under observation. While the others can leave already." The doctor answers me

"I understand all his protocols, but we're expected by our superiors in less than an hour and that's super important." I tell him

"I'm sorry but it's impossible." She tells me and leaves.

So I decide to take matters into my own hands and go get Luke, Clark, John and Lucas. Since they can already get out, it wasn't hard at all. Now the trickiest step is to get Ellis, Steve and Mike out. So we split into three groups. I'm on my own going after Ellis, Luke and Clark going after Mike, and John and Lucas going after Steve. To make sure no doctor is in their rooms, we'll see them like nothing happened. Then we put them in a wheelchair to take them outside. Once outside, we find everyone. We take the van we were given, and we let Ellis, Steve and Mike change in their uniforms. Since we were all already in uniform, we wait outside. Once finished, we take the road to the base. We have thirty minutes to go. I will take this opportunity to debrief them.

"While you were nursing, I called the commander to have an emergency meeting with the superiors to explain the situation." I say

Then I said, "How do you feel? And sorry about Ellis, Steve and Mike for the escape."

"We're fine." They all say at the same time.

Lucas then asks me, "How are you, Lieutenant?"

"I already have you not to call me Lieutenant when there are no superiors. But I'm fine." I answered

"How many bullets?" John asks me

"Three, but it's perfectly fine." I said

"Don't worry, you let yourself be treated." Luke asks me.

"No." I answer innocently.

"Don't tell me that..." says Lucas

"If you mean I sewed myself up and took the ball off my shoulder then you won." As soon as I said that, they were all shocked.

After that, we arrive at the base.