11- The hospital

Jay's POV

Once I land, I help my team get out of the helicopter even if I feel terrible pain as soon as I move. I certainly don’t want my team to worry about me. So I put on my bravest head so as not to show my pain. Once they put everyone on stretchers and transported them to the rescue tent, they try to convince me to get me treated.

"Lieutenant, you need medical attention." says a doctor.

"No. Not while my men are all being treated." I say

"Lieutenant, you have no choice but to seek treatment." The doctor told him

"Okay, give me everything I need." I ordered them.

"That’s not possible, Lieutenant." He replied.

"It’s either you give me what I need or I wait until everyone gets treated which should take an hour or more." I told him and I knew I had earned a point because he wanted me to be treated but if I wait longer it could be worse. But I don’t care. What I want is for my team to be fine.

"Very good." He answers, but when he leaves he says something to himself. "You can see where he got his reputation."

Then he comes back with everything he needs.

I find the wounds and clean them up. Then I start dealing with the gunshot wounds. Since the bullet that hit my thigh and came out just like the bullet from my arm, I only stitched it up. But for the one on the shoulder, it was still in there but we could pull it out easily so I take a clamp and spring it and then sew it back together. To prevent the sutures from being removed or damaged, I put bandages on top. Once I’m done, I look up and see all the looks on me. Their heads were shocked.

"How did you do all this?" Someone asks me.

"It’s nothing extraordinary." I answer as if nothing had happened.

From now on, I’m waiting to hear from my team.