25- Safe house

Jay's POV

Once in front of the others, I speak.

"The military police have taken over. You can go. You take over the same positions in the same vehicles. You guys know the routine..."

We're back on the road.

(Pass the time of the road)

Two hours later we arrived. There was traffic. Right now we're outside of Chicago. More precisely about fifteen minutes by car. We arrive at the safe house, it is a big house.

H: "Okay, this is where we're going to stay until things get better. We have enough room for everyone. We have a big room where kids can all sleep in it. It's better for them to sleep there because, in the worst case scenario, their room is the most secure. Not that the house is not secure. Diaz's team, you have a room for all of you. I'll sleep with Intelligence and my team, you have a few rooms. We don't fight. Come on, let's follow me." Let's go upstairs and go to the next room.

H: "Kids, this is your room. You can play now. We'll set you up better later."

I open the room. As soon as you enter, you can see lots of games, personalized beds... Everyone was speechless.

Then we moved to Diaz's team room, then to my team room, and then to Intelligence.

H: "Guys, this is our room."

I put my things down and go down. Since it's almost 7 pm, I start to cook. I see that papà comes down and comes to see me.

H: "I still want to thank you for earlier. I know you must be wondering how I got all this-"

V: "You don't have to thank me, and I don't want to force you to tell me..."

H: "No, I want to. A lot of his injuries are rangers, either as a prisoner of war or on the ground. The others, they come from here. When I hurt myself on the ground or when you see what I mean..."

V: "Son, I'm sorry you had to go through this. I just want you to know one thing, I'll always be there for you, you can tell me anything."

H: "Thank you papà!"

I hug him. Then Intelligence comes along.

Adam: "I told you, my stomach never betrays me."

H: "That's clear."

I say laugh with the others.

H: "I'll get the others. I'm counting on you to keep our stomachs from eating everything."

I'll go upstairs and get the others.

H: "Kids, time to eat, you come."

All children: "Yes Uncle Jay"

I go down with all the children. I crouch down to get to their heights.

H: "You stay here and where the adults can see you. And you stay well with them."

All children: "Ok Uncle Jay"

I get up and go back to the stairs.

H: "Oh and I forgot, introduce yourself and say who your relative is on my team. The older ones, I'm counting on you to help the younger ones."

All kids: "All right, Uncle Jay."

I'll go upstairs and get the adults.

Hank's POV

When I see how Jay acts with all the kids, I find him a whole new person. He is immediately more calm, kind, attentive, not that he is not, but now he is even more so.