27- Surprise

Jay’s POV

We will all sit down to eat. The meal is already on the table. Everyone starts eating, when I am told:

"Jay, this is so good, I didn’t know you could cook." Adam said to me

"It’s not much, I have to feed you. But that doesn’t mean I’ll cook all the time." I tell him

But when he was going to answer me, we knocked on the door. I looked at everyone.

"Take the kids to their rooms right away. Diaz’s team, you protect them and families, and that goes for Intelligence."

They all go up and I take my gun. I turn to my team.

"Put away the plates, so they can’t know how many we are and hide you."

A few seconds later, I open the door to discover a package. I hear a beep, I close the door to limit the explosion and I leave to take cover. As soon as the bomb explodes, shots sound. I’m still dizzy and dizzy, but I still get up and put myself in defense mode. I make sure my team is okay. But when I approach the door, it explodes and pushes me backwards. I land heavily against the table. As soon as the table comes into contact with my back, I get a crushing pain, as if it were paralyzing me. With enormous difficulties, I manage to move enough to pick up a weapon and shoot at the enemy since they managed to get in once the second bomb exploded. I quickly realize that there is only me left, and Lucas who are still conscious. So we are two against fifteen men. We manage to neutralize them all one by one until there is only one left. Lucas was losing consciousness more and more, probably due to pain... Neither I nor the enemy has any ammunition, so we fight hand to hand. The enemy manages to take advantage by violently putting me down which strikes me with immense pain. I get up, and I get a sharp object and I cut off his carotid. So I got up after I fell to the ground and went to check that everyone was neutralized and that there were no more enemies. After that, I go to my team and try to help them as best I can. When I’m done, I take all the bodies and I put them out. I put a library that acts as a door and I will make sure everyone is fine upstairs.