34- Victorious

Severide's POV

When everyone comes back, I notice that Jay is covered in blood.

I think that everyone has noticed.

S: "Jay, you're covered in blood..."

J: "Oh, it's nothing, it must come from others."

S: "I don't think so."

J: "It's nothing."

W: "Reassure me, Jay, isn't all this blood coming from a certain person who ran into a gunshot shower? No, because honestly, I wouldn't be surprised..."

Everyone is shocked by what Will just said.

J: "Will, you don't have to say that in front of everyone, and yes it was me. But in my defense I had a minimum of protection. You know, a vest, a helmet, the base."

S: "Come on, we'll take you to the ambulance and treat you as best we can."

J: "You know I can take care of myself with the equipment we have?"

S: "Yes, but we want to make sure you're okay."

Everyone said they agreed with me.

J: "Okay, I see you're all against my opinion. I follow you, but who's going to cure me?"

S: "Will, and Brett, but if they need help, I can help them."

J: "Okay, I hope you don't have a sensitive soul... Kids, I love you, but go back to your parents. 

And I'm not kidding."

S: "Come on."

We're getting to the ambulance.

Brett's POV

Once we get to the ambulance, we open the doors and Jay sits on the edge of the ambulance.

B: "Let's start with your upper body, Jay, please take off your shirt."

J: "Are you sure you don't have a sensitive soul?"

Everyone says they're safe, and when I say everyone, I mean the whole barracks and Intelligence.

J: "No, but I say that because my team and Intelligence has been how to say-"

W: "Jay, if you don't take your shirt off, we can't fix you."

J: "Ok, ok, I would have warned. Don't hesitate to leave if it's too much for you..."

Jay takes off his shirt, and I understand better why he was saying that. His chest is full of wounds. It is covered in different colors that vary between blue, purple, black, ...

J: "I warned you. If I count correctly, I have three new gunshot wounds on top of the ones before. I let you work, and no needles, which means no medicine I know. Oh, and if you need help, don't hesitate."

Everyone was shocked to hear what he said. Especially when he said it as if nothing was happening at all.

B: "Okay, we'll start by cleaning you up. Then we'll look at your new wounds. And finally, your old wounds."

J: "Okay"

We start cleaning him up. Before we start sewing him up, I'll ask him again if he wants painkillers.

B: "Sure you don't want any painkillers?"

J: "I'm sure. Don't worry, everything will be fine."

I start to cover him and he doesn't make a single grimace. I look around, and everyone is shocked. While I sew him up, he turns his head towards Will.

J: "Are you aware, Will, that you can treat me at the same time?"

W: "Yeah I know, but I don't want you to be twice as bad."

J: "It's good done."

W: "Okay, if that's what you want."

A soldier comes running to Jay. He has a phone in his hand. "Sorry to disturb you, but you have a call from the general." Jay thanks him.

While Jay takes his call, Will starts cleaning and suturing him.As I had almost finished sewing it, I heard him say, "Thank you very much, General. In fact, you have people waiting for you at my location. If you could send someone, it would be pretty good..." Then he hangs up.

Two minutes later, I finished stitching him up. He still hasn't made a face. Honestly, I know Jay's a man who doesn't like to show his emotions, but I'm shocked.

B: "All right, I'm done, now I just have to check the other injuries."

J: "Okay, go ahead."

W: "I just finished."

I look at his other wounds, and I see they're not done by a professional.

B: "Jay, don't tell me you're the one sewing up by yourself."

J: "I won't tell you then."

Will gives a fag on the back of Jay's head.

J: "Why did you do this to me?"

W: "Because you were becoming an idiot."

J: "I remind you that the idiot saved your ass."

W: "That's not wrong."

B: "Well, despite the fact that you're not an ace at sewing up, everything's fine. Can someone get some clothes for our dear Jay?"

Casey: "I'll get some."

Casey's leaving. by the time he's gone, I'm gonna put Will's bandages back on him. Casey comes back wearing clothes, and Jay puts on a shirt like he's not hurting.

B: "Jay, take it easy. I remind you that in total you have five wounds on your upper body."

J: "Yes, yes, I know."

B: "Okay now take off your pants, please."

Jay takes off his pants and gives us a summary of all his injuries.

J: "And here I have two previous bullet wounds, which I stitched up alone, plus four new bullet wounds, two of which are still in my legs. For those who are still in my legs, I'll take care of them. I know you, you're gonna feel sorry for hurting me, especially without medication... and even if you don't want it, I will. I just need a nice little clamp."

I give him the pliers. And he's already starting to pull out his balls. Two minutes later, he's done. We're all surprised how he's doing.

J: "Well, it wasn't that hard. And here's your pliers. I'll let you sew me up as I know you absolutely want to fix me."

We continued to look after him. When we finished, Jay got dressed, and got up, but Will stopped him.

W: "Don't think I forgot your meeting with the bombs this week. And there's no point in growling. Sylvie, can I have a light please?"

I give him a light.

W: "You're lucky you didn't aggravate your head trauma."

J: "What can I tell you, my head is hard."

W: "Jay"

J: "Will. Thanks for treating me, but now I'm gonna sneak in and see my nephews and nieces. Oh, by the way, the protection is canceled, it could be that between all those who came against us and the arrests, there is no one left to fear."

And he leaves, like that. Honestly, I don't know how he does it. I look at everybody.

B: "But how does he do it?"

Casey: "Honestly, I have no idea."

Voight: "He doesn't want you to see him in pain, so nobody worries about him."

We were all stunned. We turn to where Jay went, and he has a big smile on his face with all his nephews and nieces by his side.