31- Jokes

Jack's POV

Once our parents are gone, we turn around and walk to the firefighters. I group with all the children. We're all in a circle.

J: "How do we do it? Like with Intelligence or nicely?"

T: "As with Intelligence, it was too much fun."

J: "Sarah, Liam?"

S & L: "It's good for me"

T: "Jack, are you ready to be your big brother?"

J: "Are you laughing? Totally"

We split up. We line up in front of them.

"I'm Tommy, but they call me Tom to be shorter. I'm eight years old. And this is Lily, she's two. She's my sister."

"Liam. I'm three years old."

"Sarah, I'm five years old."

I had Vic in my arms and I held her close to me, while I glanced at the firemen. My cousins 

weren't laughing.

"Jack, I'm ten years old, I'm Sarah's big brother. And this is Victoria. Vic for short. She's a year old. And she's also my sister. If you dare to hurt my sisters, you will have to deal with me."

And then all my cousins were laughing. It was hilarious. All the firefighters were lost. Some must have been afraid but were hiding it. At the same time with a child who has a gun and who tells you that, you can be afraid...

T: "That was hilarious, Jack. It's too bad Uncle Jay isn't here to continue."

J: "Totally. Okay, a little serious. If we're not, we get yelled at, and we don't mess with the Lieutenant."

Chief Boden's POV

We all look at each other like we don't understand anything.

Tom: "What is it?"

Severide: "We're a little lost. What's going on?"

Tommy: "Ah, how can I say... When we had to go to Intelligence, we did the same, and we thought why not do it to you. You see, you show that even if we are children, we don't laugh at all when it comes to our brothers and sisters..."

Casey: "Okay, that's understandable, but who's the Lieutenant?"

Jack: "Can't say that. I think we all want to stay alive."

Casey: "I confirm"

Sarah: "What's your name?"

We don't have time to answer that something is happening...