Chapter Nineteen-

Finally this writers-blocked author has written!!!
Super duper, ultra sorry for not updating for.... Two months (shit! I suck)
School had 20% to do with it!
The bane that is writer's block had a looot to do with it!
Again sooorrrryyyy!!!!
Jantana Moment!
Xxx
Losalini Kaloucava

___________________

Jesse's answer surprised me more than Daemon's immature offer.

"Sure, why not?" He'd replied as soon as I told him over the phone.

Sure why not!???? Sure why not?!?

Did he somehow develop a cold overnight that caused him to lose all sense of reasoning?

Sure why not!

Uhm, maybe because we're not in a real relationship and us going on a double date might potentially blow our whole operation?

Actually not a might. It was a definite ending to this 'double date'.

"Fine," I replied. "But make sure to hone your acting skills Mr Archer because if you don't we'll become the laughingstock of the entire school."

"My acting skills are not the problem, mistletoe." I could hear the iciness in his tone before it returned to its all too annoying one. "But yours are."

"Mine? How is my acting a problem?"

"Try not to cringe so much when I touch you."

"I don't cringe. I never cringe." Both of us knew I did.

"A blind person can see you cringing jingle bells! I'm surprised lover boy hasn't caught wind of it."
On he did. But I didn't say that.

"Fine. I'll work on this minor problem and you work on yours. Try to tone down the sarcastic asshole thing that might land you a splintered rib, now would you?"

"Do I hear a tinge of worry for my well-being candy canes?" His tone sounded more serious and less playful.

"What? No!" I said. "If you die I'd have to go through the whole hassle of finding another fake boyfriend."

"And for a moment there I actually thought you had a heart."

"I do. Jesse Archer just freezes it up."

"Whatever. Set up the date with lover boy. The sooner I get the two of you together the faster I can go back to my uncomplicated life."

"I thought you said you liked the entertainment this lie was."

"Yes well," he had a curt tone on, "sometimes life is too clichéd and the bad boy always wins out. I'm over clichéd endings." Then he hung up.

He hung up?

I should be the one hanging up.

This was his idea in the first place and now it was just too clichéd for him?!?

* * *

The next day he picked me up with Jenny sitting up front in the passenger's seat to his right.

"Did you two fight?" She asked as she filled in the silence after three minutes of Fall Out Boy's Light Em Up playing.

I felt guilty that she still thought we were really dating.

"No!" We said at the same time.

"You are." She stared at both of us. "Fix it before getting out,okay?" She said as she got out and walked towards the school.

"Let's go," Jesse said before pulling the key out of the ignition and getting out of the car.

Guess we won't be fixing this then.

I got out and walked towards school.

He caught up easily as he locked the car behind us.

Then he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"We're a couple after all," he said as I looked at him questioningly.

"We are?" I asked, confused.

"Yes," he nodded as he half smiled, but I sensed the underlying disdain in his tone. "Now smile, because people are thinking we're having a lover's spat."

"A what?"

He winked but I knew he was putting up a show for the audience. "And you know what comes after a lover's spat, now do you Marie?"

"What?" I asked as we entered the hallway.

He tugged me closer to him, tighter as he leaned in, letting out a cool breath as his scent enveloped me. "A mandatory heavy make out session of course."

My eyes were wide open in shock as I felt my blood rush up and redden my face.

"It's cute." He said as he chuckled.

I knew that it would be wrong of me to explode on him. Not now.

"What's cute?" I asked in the calmest voice I could given the situation.

"The way you act like you haven't dated before."

My face reddened even more if that was even possible.

Jesse stared at me before his eyes widened in wonder. "What? You haven't dated anyone before?"

"And that's a crime?" I snapped.

"No, it's ... It's..."

"Save it. I don't need you laughing at me about it." Then I pulled myself away and walked anyone that he wasn't.

I didn't need him to make fun of me, and laugh at how weird that made me.

"Santana, that's not it!" He called out but I was already determined to not be anyone's jester for today.

And that is when Jesse called be my first name the first time.