Chapter Twenty-

Scenes may subject readers to anger, tantrums because of ending cliffhanger.

Yes! Chapter that MOST of you beautiful readers have been waiting months for!!!! ;) Need I say more?

Pleaseeeeee leave COMMENTS, even if you're yelling at me for the cliffhanger! ;) I need your thoughts!

Might update faster for more feedback? ;)

Xoxo,
Losalini (Mrs Park Chanyeol ;) ijk)

______________

"Marriiiieeee!!!"

I could hear Jesse's voice above the blustering noise of students in the hallway.

"Candy caneeees!!!"

Again, I could hear him not to far behind me as I pushed through the crowd.

Having been a subject of curious stares for two years due to my apparent single status, I didn't need the one person who took every chance to tease me to laugh at me.

Nope! Jesse Archer could do real damage with this information!

Heck. I can already picture him coming up with new nicknames for me other than the Christmas themed ones he already had for me.

Then he'd roll over his king sized bed and laugh his head off.

I pictured him doing this for a couple more hundred times before he slept tonight.

"Marriiiiee, wait up!"

Boy, he was determined.

I saw my escape appear in front of me in the form of the girls bathroom.

Even Jesse had to respect the very sanctity and privacy that a girls bathroom awarded and that no one of the male gender was to pass through that door.

I rushed into my escape and smiled.

Good. For now.

I turned to face the bathroom and died.

Not really but you get it.

Hannah and her little blonde lookalike croonies were busy applying more blood red lipstick to an already bloodied full lip before adjusting their pushup bra to give their boobs more... volume.

She saw me as she looked up at her reflection seconds after I saw her.

Her expression gave me the definite conclusion that she didn't think that highly of me. In fact, if it wasn't for Daemon she would've already squished me beneath her twelve inch Manolos.

We were as different as night and day. As clichéd as that line is, we were. There was no getting past that fact.

She was small, petite yet maintained an atheletic built. I was average. Of average proportions, of average height and normal.

Hannah Alexander wore makeup as if she was born with it while my form of a TouchUp was a ninety nine cent watermelon ChapStick I bought from the 7/11 in our neighborhood.

She wore designer clothes, ideally those that were either short, tight or revealing. Sometimes she even wore outfits that were all three.

While my form of latest trend was a pair of skinny jeans and a small T-shirt.

"Girls," she said in a soft voice.

The other two mirror images nodded slightly before walking out the door leaving us alone. Together.

She applied some more lipstick on her lips before looking at me again.

"So..." she smiled softly, a fake one at that. "Dae said that we're going on a double date together." Her voice held a less than satisfied tone.

"Yeah." I answered. "His idea."

She nodded before applying some mascara. "He said so." She smiled at her reflection before turning to face me. "You're coming with Jesse Archer, right?"

I nodded.

She chuckled dryly before looking me up and down. "How," she held a laughing tone, "did you manage that?"

I held down a snort as I said, "We like each other."

She scoffed. "You like each other?"

I nodded. I just needed a couple more seconds before I'm sure Jesse's long gone. Couple more seconds.

"Hold on, you liking Jesse, I get," she smiled. "He's hot. But him liking you back, that I'm dumbfounded by."

You are dumb!

How dare her? She was basically making fun of me and telling me I was ugly.

"What's there to figure out?" I chuckled. "He likes me and not some made up bitch like you I guess."

Her forced smile disappeared. In its place was a cold glare.

"Look you little loser," she snarled as she walked towards me. "I can get him any time I want. But I have Daemon, someone you'll never get." She smiled evilly.

I looked at her in shock. How did she know?

She chuckled. "Oh, you think I didn't know?" She rolled an eye. "I can see your lovestruck glances thrown at him. You're a pathetic lovesick fool. He won't like you back. Actually you're like those little puppies on the sidewalk people feel sorry for. That's what Daemon thinks of you. He feels sorry for a loser like you. You're charity work."

Her words hit me hard and painfully.

"What did you do to Jesse?" She snarled. "Pay him off to pretend to be your boyfriend? Or are you his charity case too?"

"Actually, its the other way around."

The reply came from behind me.

I turned around and saw Jesse leaning against the door.

He definitely did not respect the silent no males in the girls bathroom rule.

"What?" Hannah asked.

"I think the hairdye is killing some of your brain cells, Alexander. I said it's the other way around," he said with the most serious expression I've ever seen him wear. He walked towards us. "I'm her charity case."

I watched him, confused as to what he meant.

"What charity case? She's a loser."

"Maybe to you," he answered, nodding slowly, "but to me, she's not. She's my saviour of sorts. She saved me from the boring predictability that is high school. And I'm glad she gave me a chance."

Hannah scoffed. "I know this isn't real," she said, smiling as if she got a kid with their hand in the cookie jar. "You're just faking all of this."

"Oh really?" He asked, cocking a brow in a daring manner.

I held my breath.

Jesse was dangerous and impulsive when he did that.

"Then tell me, is this fake?" He asked, right before I felt his arms wrap around my shoulders and pull me closer.

A look of firm determination formed in his eyes right before he crushed his lips against mine.