Chapter Thirty Four-

O N E M O R E C H A P T E R L E F T
+ E P I L O G U E

I'VE FINISHED THE BOOK! JUST HAVE TO POST UP REMAINING CHAPTERS!

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW / PROMOTE !

dedicated to @mochahontes !!! Loving 'ONE WISH' AWESOME book !!

XOXO,
LOSALINI

•••||||•••

My day went from bad to worse in seconds.

And no, it was not because of the image of Darcy and Jesse having a grand time whenever I saw them.

This was much worse than that. Much, much worse.

The whole school was in a buzz about the pep rally this afternoon. Everyone was in a festive spirit, even Mr Wayne, who didn't bother with the end of the month spot quiz.

Soon enough, I found myself sitting at our usual lunch table, Daemon to my side and Jesse and Darcy across from me along with the others from the football team.

Jenny was on the committee and was too busy for lunch.

"Really? No way! I love Phil Collins too!" Darcy gushed as she smiled up at Jesse.

"He's just so, so..." Jesse's face lit up with excitement, "deep."

"And a true artist. A classic," Darcy added as her food lay forgotten. "Okay, okay. What do you think of Lionel Richie?"

Jesse gasped. "I love him." He sounded shocked.

I rolled an eye. So do a million other people.

I felt a hand slowly rub my thigh.

I looked questioningly at Daemon.

He leaned in, close enough that he was sure no one could overhear when he said, "Don't react, Sanny."

I nodded.

He rubbed circles on my thigh, not in a sexual way, more like comforting.

Relax. You are happy for them.

I pasted on a smile as I turned back to face everyone. "So Darcy, going to the formal?"

She looked up at me, surprised.

Granted the winter formal was still five weeks away, and people worried about that next week, but hey, I was trying to carry a civil conversation.

"Uhm," she looked unsure. "I...don't think so. Maybe not."

"Why not?" I asked as I felt Jesse's gaze on me.

"I..."

"Jesses taking you, right Jesse?" This time I focused my eyes on Jesse instead of Darcy.

Jesse wore an impassive mask. "We'll see."

"What's to see? I thought it was a darn deal. Given your common interests I thought you two were a couple already?" My tone had turned snarky. I admit I sounded jealous even to my own ears.

"Santana," Daemon warned, his hands tapping my thighs slowly to warn me off. "Stop."

"No, I think we need to deal with this, properly." I growled.

Daemon looked taken aback.

In fact, many eyes were now on our table.

Throughout the day, despite the festive atmosphere, I couldn't shake off the feeling the curious eyes on me. Even without overhearing gossip (which I did) I could tell that it was centered on me and Jesse.

Some of the gossipers pitied me, some laughed at me and wondered why I even dared to look at someone totally out of my league, while some wondered how I took Jesse having moved on so fast.

I just brushed it off. At first.

However, no matter how mentally strong you are, or how determined you are to hold steadfast, there is a limit.

"Santana," this time Jesse was the one who warned me.

"Everyone is curious right?" I stood up, facing the audience that our table had. "Where average old me gathered the courage to date the rich, handsome new guy?"

Jesse stood up, "Santana, stop this now!"

I laughed in his face. "The truth will come out soon enough. I'd rather people found out from me."

"Santana, sit!" Daemon said as he tugged on my hand.

"I need to set things clear. I'm tired of this!" I needed to say this. "First, I wasn't good enough for you, now I'm not good enough for him!" I nodded towards Jesse, who remained standing.

"Neither of that is true," Daemon argued.

"I didn't really date Jesse!" The words slipped out.

The whole cafeteria gasped.

I ignored everyone and focused on Daemon. "He offered to pretend to be my boyfriend to make you jealous. And stupid, old me accepted his offer. We never really dated."

Daemon nodded. "I figured as much."

"When?"

"The wine cellar. You were surprised when I said..." He stopped himself when he knew what he was going to say was something I didn't want anyone to know.

I nodded.

"Now are you done with your little show?" Jesse growled at me.

I turned to him, surprised to see a glare on his face, aimed at me.

"We need to talk," he snapped before his fingers wrapped around my arm and pulled me after him.

"Let her go!" Daemon shouted as he pulled my other arm.

"We need to talk in private," Jesse's voice was ice cold as he glared at Daemon. "Or is this something you're going to interfere in again?"

Daemon looked about ready to let his fist fly.

"It's okay, Dae," I said, forcing on a smile. "I'll be back."

As soon as I said that, Jesse tugged me out of Daemon's grasp and dragged me behind him, out of the cafeteria and into a deserted classroom.