Chapter Nine-

DEDICATED TO WATTPAD USER Awesomel FOR BEING BASICALLY AWESOME AND COMMENTING AND LOVING EVERY ONE OF MY BOOKS !!! THANKS DOLL!!! XXX :)

EHL_KAYY_WRITES

It was clearly evident by the way everyone was acting a week later at school that the arrival of the Archer twins was a big event in our town. Everywhere I turned someone was either talking about how they were from the Big Apple, how good looking they both were or how Jesse had stared at them for a full two seconds and scoffed.

It was fast becoming the headline of every single conversation and I was starting to get snappy at it too. Luckily, Jenny shared my predicament.

"If I have to listen to how hot my brother is again, I'll scream so loud everyone in New York will hear me," she said as she took a sit beside me during lunch.

We were enjoying the sunny day outside on the benches where Daemon and his friends always took up residence. The person in question was missing.

In the past week, I'd only seen him when he picked me up from school, silence in the car, during lunch, where he ignored my very existence, and when he dropped me off again, at home, another trip with Emblem3 sound-tracking our awkward ride. We hadn't hung out like we used to, where he'd just show up out of the blue and stay over, watch a movie, have dinner before going back home. Actually, Daemon was becoming a master in the art of avoiding Santana Klaus, the average girl with German blood somewhere in her family tree.

I laughed at Jenny as she buried her face in her hands.

"So what, we're from the Big Apple, along with ten million other people," she muttered.

"You gotta understand Jenny," I began, "this is the most interesting thing that has happened to this town since Alex Pepper married Ginger Holt, then named their girl Berry Pepper."

She looked at me, arching a brow as she waited for me to laugh.

"I'm being serious. It's true."

She chuckled, a smile cracking her lips. "Well, that isn't as bad as Santana Marie Klaus. What were your parents thinking, no offence?"

I smiled. "None taken. I know. I know. I've always wondered that."

"Were you a Christmas child?"

I shook my head.

"Then what?"

"I guess they just thought let's spoil our child's chance at normalcy and name her after a big fat jolly old man. After all, our last name is Klaus. So what the heck!"

Jenny burst out laughing then and wouldn't stop until someone sat down across from us.

I looked up. A scowl instantly appeared on my face as a grimace stared back at me, cold green eyes hooded over.

For the past week, other than my failure to socialize with my best friend, I'd been forced to tolerate Jesse Archer.

Every lunch time, he'd sit at our table. He'd scowl at me. He'd talk to everyone except me. And he'd leave exactly two minutes before the bell rang signalling the end of lunch. Still without addressing my existence except for a scowl in my direction every now and then.

What I did to him to deserve this harsh treatment was beyond me.

He sat down, opposite Jenny and took a swig off his Dr Pepper, all whilst maintaining his trademark scowl in my direction.

I refused to be affected by his asshole syndrome, instead I turned back to Jenny. "So about that party this weekend..."

"Yes, we have to go together. It's at Dave's house, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah. That's just it. I'll have to meet ya there. I always go with Daemon on this things."

"But, maybe this time you should go with someone else."

"I'd love too, but I-"

"Let's ask him about it," Jenny smiled. "Hey Daemon!"

I turned around. I hadn't even noticed that he was there, along with everyone else.

Daemon didn't even once look in my direction to say hi. "What's up?"

"Can Santana carpool with me for the party on Friday?"

"Ummm..." Finally he had the decency to spare me a glance. He arches a brow, before turning back to Jenny. "Sure, why not? That way I don't have to rush to drop her off because of her curfew."

Okay. Ouch!

 Jenny smiled, oblivious to the dagger in the heart feeling I was currently going through. "See... It's all good. Soo... I'll come..."

I couldn't hear her. All my attention was on Daemon, who was busy talking to Dave and Jesse.

I didn't know it was a burden to him, me having a curfew. Actually, yea I did. I just didn't know he felt relieved by not having to do so, even for one night. Hell, if I'd known that I'd have walked home and not wait for him to finish off his activities.

Daemon doesn't sense the daggers I'm aiming at him with my eyes but Jesse does.

He turns to look at me, his green eyes two beams of curiosity. He stares at me then follows my gaze to Daemon, who is still oblivious, then he looks at me again and arches a brow, a cocky smirk forming on his face.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT!