Chapter Seven-

Mom was adamant about me making new friends, friends other than Daemon.

On Friday, the Archers had moved in and by Saturday we had a big welcome to the neighbourhood Barbie mom and Mrs Archer had organized.

The Archer's place once cleaned up and everything put away in their correct and proper place was huge.  They even had a backyard which I wouldn't have known off, closed off from the main house with its own back gate leading off into another street entirely. Mr Archer was on the grill with a glass of champagne in his hand and a pair of tongs in the other whereas my dad was chatting with him, a bottle of beer in hand.

Mom and Mrs Archer were in the kitchen making Caesar salad while the twins were missing in action, their youngest brother, Jake, with a slight antisocial tendency, just a nod in my direction when we were introduced.

The Matthews had been invited but due to Daddy Phil's chemo yesterday, they had declined.

I was quite glad for that. Daddy Phil needed his rest if I wanted him to stick around longer than what that stupid doctor claimed they would. Besides, I was so not up for seeing my asshole of a best friend after the way he acted yesterday.

'Just head on back darling. Santana's there,' I heard Mrs Archer's voice ring out from inside the house.

I looked up, hoping it wasn't that brother that looked like his only wish was to not be here, or anywhere near this town. I've had enough of jerk guys to last me a long, long time.

Thankfully, Jenny walked out in a black polo shirt and a pair of grey sweats. She greeted me with a smile. 'Hi!'

I nodded at her as she came and took the seat next to me.

'You're a senior this year, right?'

I nodded. 'You?'

'Got held back a year,' she sighed. 'But Jesse's not. You two must have some classes together.'

Joy, I thought, instead smiled at her.

She burst out laughing. 'He's not bad, really.'

'Oh please tell me I did not just say that out loud.'

'You didn't,' she smiled. 'Just your facial expression.'

I scowled. 'Mom always said I'm like an open book.'

She smiled. 'Don't worry about Jesse. He was just moody yesterday. We got into a huge fight. He's actually a very nice guy!'

Just then Jesse stormed out of the house. He was on the phone. 'Well, you know what? Screw you, Lauren! And tell your brother not to even think of showing up in front of me. Or I'm going to...'

I didn't really find out what he was going to do to Lauren's brother because right then Mrs Archer gasped and screamed, 'JESSE NATHANIEL ARCHER!'

He finally looked up. Everyone was staring at him.

He didn't even bother to say another word. Instead he just hung up on Lauren before looking at us again. 'Hi everyone!' He didn't bother adding a smile.

'He's very nice?' I turned back, posing the question to his sister.

'Uh... he is... usually. Just, don't get on his bad side,' she warned.

Jesse headed over after minutes of Mrs Archer burning his ear off with screams.

'If it isn't Ms I-Heart-Calum,' he said.

'Hi,' I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he had been having a bad off day the one other time I met him.

He took the seat opposite me. 'So, what do y'all do for fun in this boring as hell town?'

'Jesse!' Jenny scolded.

'We have the Cliff, fifteen minutes' drive south.'

'So, do you have any other friends to hang out with?'

I arched a brow.

'I mean, you obviously look like you don't, seeing as how your mom's desperately trying to get you to be my twin's new bff!'

'Jesse!' Jenny said again.

'What? She looks like a total loser. Don't tell me your standards dropped ever since we've moved to this backwater town.'

'Jesse, just...'

'Just what, sis? Pretend to enjoy myself when I obviously don't? Act like my life's not been screwed with, and that I had to leave everything I know behind to move here for mom's little experiment? I'm sorry sis. I'm not you! I don't live to please people.' He stood up, looked over at me and sneered. 'And I'll raise hell before I even start to enjoy this shitty place!'

Before I could even say another word in defense, Jesse had disappeared into the house.

Yeah. He seemed like a very nice guy to me.

PLEASE REMEMBER TO VOTE  AND COMMENT BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!!!  :)