Chapter Twenty Nine-

BULA VINAKA! ( FIJIAN FOR HELLO! )

ANYWAYS AS ALWAYS THANK YOU FOR READING THIS BOOK!

UPDATE GOAL : [ 60 VOTES + 17 COMMENTS ]

DRAMA UP AHEAD!

PLEASE VOTE / COMMENT / FOLLOW !

XOXO,
LOSALINI

P.S - PICTURE IS OF KOSTAS MARTAKIS AKA DAEMON ! ;) [ DROOL PEOPLE, DROOL ]

•••||||•••

Ten minutes later, Daemon took it upon himself to introduce me around.

I greeted the Archers first, Jenny pulling me into a hug as soon as she saw me.

Then I greeted some of Daddy Phil's colleagues, businessman, all wearing checkered shirt, sweater-vests or sweaters with pressed dress pants.

"I want you to meet someone very special to me," he whispers as we leave behind Daemons uncle and aunt with his three cousins. He directed me to his grandmother from his paternal side. As long as I've known him, I've never met her. But then again, that could be because she lived in Paris, and was only here for a holiday.

I decided to stay a few steps behind him as he went to say hi first.

"Nana, I want to introduce you someone," he said after she greeted him with a big smacker on the cheek. Daemon turned to look at me and nodded for me to come forward.

I did with timid steps.

What should I do? Will she like me? What if she didn't? What if she hated me?

These thoughts ran through my mind as I stood before her.

Her eyes looked up at me with curiosity, her face free of any other emotion.

"Nana, I would like you to meet, Santana, my-"

"Finally, dear boy," the old woman cut him off, before she stood up and pulled me into a hug, enveloping me as she squeezed me tight.

I could only let out a gasp in surprise.

She pulled away and smiled at me deeply, before throwing a look of glee at Daemon. "You've finally gotten yourself the girl, eh?"

I was too shocked to correct her.

Daemon's eyes widened in shock, "No, Nana, it's not like that!"

She winked at him, eliciting a giggle from me. "Don't worry, don't worry. Hush!" She looks at me. "Finally, my dear girl, when did he work up the courage to ask you out?"

"Nana!" Daemon interrupted. "It's not-"

Faster than anything, I see the old lady pick up a biguette and shove it into his mouth. "I said hush boy. I'm talking to Santana."

My eyes widen at Daemon before I burst out laughing. He looked hilarious. Like a pig. A cute, handsome pig.

I pulled out my phone and took a quick snapshot of him.

Blackmail, I thought as the old lady giggled, clearly understanding what I did.

"You are beautiful my dear. Anyways, I'm so glad that-"

I cut her off, "It's not like that ma'am," I try to correct the situation.

She gives me a look that asks me whether I wanted to look like pig-boy. Clearly not wanting to, I shut up instantly.

"Now, silence, finally." She smiled at me. "Finally his pine-fest has ended."

"Pine-fest?" I asked her confused as I cast Daemon a look.

He was quietly chewing on the biguette, his eyes on me, a look of resignation on his face.

His grandmother nodded at me. "Yes, of course darling. Don't tell me the dear boy didn't tell you about his little crush on you since sixth grade?"

If you told me that Santa was real or that Obama wanted me to visit the White House to give me an award for bravery, I would have been less shocked than I was now.

Less, fucking shocked!

My expression probably told the tale. Wide eyes, gaping mouth, stunned expression.

Did I just hear what she said correctly?

Daemon? Crush? Me? Sixth grade?

I chuckled nervously as I stared back at her, "What are you talking about?" I avoided Daemon's eyes. "Daemon and I are just friends."

To say she was confused was an understatement. Nana looked like she was just told that Robert Downer Jnr wanted to ask her out.

Then she looked pissed as she turned to Daemon, "You still didn't tell her?" She snapped.

I finally turned to look at Daemon.

His eyes weren't on his grandmother, instead they were on me, only me. "No, Nana," he replied, maintaining his eyes on me, a grimace on his face, "I. Didn't."

"Well, what the hell were you waiting for? Another man to swoop in and steal her heart?"

I wasn't as surprised at her cursing then I was at the fact that they were talking about me as if I wasn't there. Oh and did I mention that by now, everyone in the party was now watching us?

Well they were, Jesse included, who was standing with Daddy Phil. He promptly takes a big swig of the red wine in the glass in his hands.

Daemon continued to stare at me, not saying a word, and not caring that everyone was watching us.

"Well, Daemon," the old lady's voice was pitying, "the ball's in your court now. What are you going to do?"

"Excuse us, will you?" Daemon says, before grabbing my hand, and pulling me after him as he walked back into the house.