Chapter Eleven-

The day I figured out that I liked Daemon brought on myriads of emotions. I was confused, devastated, shocked, outraged and near tears. I felt like I was PMS'ing.

That day had nothing on today.

"Whhhaaaat?!" I snapped at Jesse, taking a step back from him. "What do you mean?" I looked at warrily. Did he, by chance lik-?

"Oh, banish the thought Marie," Jess interupted my thought process. "I do not like you. Nor will I ever like you and have I never liked you, both ways. I have standards."

I glared at him, pissed beyond reasonableness. You would be too if a guy just called you ugly in a sort of roundabout way.

"You're no Abercrombie model yourself, jackass." I hope he didn't hear my voice shake.

The smirk on his face proved my nightmare true. "Oh, we both know you're lying Marie. Actually, I would say that I'm on a different level entirely."

"Oh go kill yourself Jesse and end the earth's suffering of your presence."

"That hurts Marie." He put on a pained expression. "Anyways moving on. Like I said, I need you to fall for me."

Again, the words catch me off guard. "W-what do you mean?"

He walked towards me, one step then pause than another. "I mean, I need you to be my girlfriend, Marie."

My eyes widened exponentially.

"Your girlfriend?" Those words sent chills down my spine.

He nodded. "A fake one of course." His lips tugged up forming a half smile. "So what do you say?"

"Why?"

"Because, as I said, I need entertainment in this boring as hell town. You seem to be hilariously making a fool out of yourself whenever loverboy is around so why not? I get my entertainment and you get my unwavering silence."

"But why be your girlfriend? You can watch the entertainment just by hanging around."

He took another step, and leaned in, his warm yet minty breath hitting me as he entered my personal space. "Because... I like you."

My breath caught, heart racing as if it was running a marathon as I watched him.

He stared back at me, leaning in.

My thoughts were in a disarray. Is he going to kiss me? What if he did? What should I do? Should I kiss him back?

Instead he leaned in to my ear, his warm breath enveloping my ear, which should be red by now, blushing. He paused and whispered, his warm breath tickling my ear, "At least that's what I want everyone to believe."

I break out of my reverie. Had I wanted to kiss him, or wanted him to kiss me?

Nah, I was definitely to caught up in the moment. Stupid Santana.

"So... deal or no deal?" Jesse asked. He was now sitting on his huge bed.

"What's in it for me?"

"My silence."

"That's all?"

He smirked. "And... Daemon."

"How can you promise Daemon?" I dared him to lie.

He smiled, looking like he knew I'd ask that. "Have you ever heard of the quote, 'A man wants what he can't have.'?"

I nodded.

"There you go. Once Daemon thinks we're together, his possessive nature will take control and he'll finally look at you. He won't take you for granted anymore."