Chapter 11: Avalanche

Heyo, Vivian at 80k words

Word count like 3500

Cassidy focused, special chapter

Anyway, please join my discord if you wanna talk about this or make suggestions: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH

________________________________________________________________________________

Cassidy's pov:

Today that red asshole told me I had to do something different, he was interested to see how I'd fair in a raid against the human nations, apparently he did that pretty often with his ilk. 

It was more than annoying to think I'd have to actually hurt innocent people to not die myself, they certainly didn't deserve it. So I was definitely wanting an explanation from the redhead.

'If he really wants me to kill people for no reason, that is crossing a line.' I had killed before of course, just like most of those children stuck in the animatronics had. It was unavoidable at times, when your agony overflows and you just get the desire to kill something above all else. 

I'd killed more than one night guard myself. 

Though the most annoying part was the snow, always with the snow. Velzard's snow. It took forever to wade through because even if it wasn't really too heavy for me to move through, it was still way heavier than any snow had the right to be. 

Marching toward the place that Guy told me to arrive was therefore, a complete slog. Really he is an asshole, and I knew Velzard was probably keeping tabs on me. So even if I was so far away, they both probably knew exactly where I was, and what I was doing. 

Not that I was doing much. 

Arriving at this fortress in the icy wastes, as it was called, was odd. First of all, it was just a massive fortress far in the north, with nothing else around it. The only thing that was happening here was the occasional lesser demon appearing out of thin air, and getting shot from the distance by a mage up on one of the towers. 

 I wouldn't be getting any closer, even if with my perception skills I could tell those mages were no threat at all. I could see a few things inside the fortress that might be. So it was a good thing I was concealing my aura as Guy had instructed. 

Instead, for a little while, I stayed under the snow and watched. It seemed like there was some form of connection to this place from some other dimension that made those demons just fall into here. 

That would be interesting if it wasn't so dangerous. After all, as far as I could tell, every lesser demon only had two things on its mind. Those two things were following the orders of their superiors of the same linage, and eating. 

What did they eat? Mortal souls. That sounded like a more cruel and unusual way to die than what William did to some of us. Some. 

I sighed, and started setting up what I'd been told to, it was simple. Just a magic circle here, after making a ground of hardened ice from Velzard's aura. It would serve perfectly as a little platform for demons to teleport here, right from the ice palace. 

Apparently, they wouldn't go far though.

What had convinced me to do this was Guy saying that if I did, he'd order that no one would die unnecessarily, as he was going to do this raid either way. 

So, I just had to trust what he said. He is a demon, so that might have been a terrible idea. Still, it was better than nothing. 

I drew the teleportation circle, and waited.

The first demon to appear in front of me just had to be Mizari. She always glared the hardest, and part of the reason I guessed that was is because she was just disgusted by everything. So anyone being treated in some ways better than her, would of course, trigger that.