Chapter 18: Into Jura

Back again, but this time we brought some friends~ Vivian at 115k words.

Over three thousand

Pallete cleanse.

Anyway, please join my discord if you wanna talk about this or make suggestions: https://discord.gg/aV9cGRYAtH
________________________________________________________________________________

Charlie's POV:

“Why would I ever allow such a thing?” Fuze stared back at me, far past baffled. I expected it, but it was still annoying. 

‘I need to do it.’ I simply had a better understanding of what was going to happen, even if I thought Fuze had a better knowledge of the world, and even that forest. 

So I had to think deeply on how I’d even explain this to him. At least Shizu was here to help, even if there was a deadline on leaving, and a deadline that would come up fast. 

Fuze stared with added bewilderment. He really didn’t seem to trust me at the face of things here. 

Meanwhile Sarah placed a hand on my shoulder. “You should explain this better, Charlie.” 

‘Without taking Emy into Jura I can’t guarantee she’ll live much longer, her soul is already heavily damaged. I’m not willing to lose her again.’ I tried to add as much urgency and I could manage, while lifting my arms to show emphasis.  

“I know that’s what you think, and I’ve seen what you showed me… But I can’t be so sure. It’s a sudden, and extreme request.” Fuze intertwined his fingers and slouched into his chair. 

I stared across to Shizu, hoping for some help. She did say she would  help, and I couldn’t convince him on my own. That much I knew for certain.

The elder hero sighed softly and looked directly into Fuze, despite staring through a mask, and having no aura… I could feel her presence. I didn’t exactly understand what was happening. “Fuzie~.”

The grown man shivered in much the same way a child would when their mother looks at them harshly, and that was rather funny to see. I prevented myself from motioning a giggle though, understanding the seriousness of the conversation.

“I know you’re trying to keep that little girl safe, and don’t want to end up in trouble. With this though, what’s important is making sure she can survive. Those adventurers of yours already saw that the cave was empty, right?”

“Yes…” Fuze sighed deeply and slouched even further. 

“Right.” Shizu paused and turned to me. “What is the concern then?”

“You wo-” The man stopped, but I knew why. 
It was the first time I’d felt Shizu’s aura. “No need to talk about that. What was said between us was private. I can keep the girl safe on the way there, even if Charlie is weakened by keeping up a barrier. As for when we split up…” 
‘Once Emy is in a body like mine, I shouldn’t need to avoid protecting the party…’ I wasn’t entirely sure about what I’d end up doing though. I’d rather avoid conflict.

“How would you get back quickly though? Those three may be able to get back, but not on a time-scale I’d accept for what you have in mind.” Fuze looked at Sarah. “Even with her, avoiding monsters in Jura would be difficult.” 
I considered deeply for a moment how I’d go about that, and then quickly looked over my skills to help me figure that out, and notably remembered Spatial Manipulation.

I’d always had a bit of a knack for pulling things into  my box when I needed them back before the security puppet was retired. I also had the ability to move myself  that way if I was particularly irritable.