2. Happy Anniversary Baby

Marshall's P.O.V.

2010

Maybe my dawgs are right and I am being dumb as hell playing games with Aisha like that, but I really just wanna surprise her, you know?

I get on the phone and make all of the necessary reservations, then text one of my security guards, Sam and let him know what I want him to do.

I then speak on the phone with Paul and we are going over tying up some loose ends as far as the rest of the tour is concerned when Paul suddenly clears his throat.

"I guess I'm ought to let you know something, Marshall," he says, sounding stressed.

"Yeah, what's that?" I frown, already not liking the tone of his voice.

"Suge Knight. He is going to be getting out of prison on technicality next week. For real this time. And you've asked me to keep an eye on this, so I'm just letting you know."

Fuck... I knew this was coming sooner or later, not for nothing, but Suge is a determined ass motherfucker and it ain't surprising to me at all that he's finally found a way to beat all those charges against him. Guess imma have to double the security from now on, for both my wife and my daughters.

And I've been hearing little rumors here and there through the grapevine about Suge possibly getting out, but so far, it's all those had turned out to be, rumors and not fact at all, but apparently not anymore.

"Aight, thanks for letting me know man. Good looking out," I say to Paul and hang up.

I contemplate whether or not I should tell Aisha but decide against it for right now. She's got enough on her plate right now and she's been stressed out enough, I realize it very well that I'm a straight up nightmare to be on tour with sometimes, which is exactly why I'm currently wanting to arrange this whole wedding anniversary getaway thing for the both of us, so we could just chill and have a good time.

Imma tell her about her crazy ass bitch ass father getting out of prison AFTER we return from our trip. Let her just relax for right now and let me try to be all romantic and shit and to make her happy...

***

Aisha's P.O.V.

My fingers tapping aggressively over my phone's screen, I sit at the back of the car driven by Marshall's bodyguard.

I'm angrily texting Chilli about just how ain't shit my husband really is apparently, honestly wishing I could just drop off from this tour right now and go home. Marshall had pissed me off so much, wanting to hang out with his boys and all on the night of our anniversary which he apparently doesn't even remember about, that I don't even know what to think. And this is so not like him neither!! I mean, Marshall isn't the most romantic guy in the world, but he's never just blown me off like this, he's always so attentive to me, so why is he being so mean now?

Just as I'm reading Chilli's responses to me, my phone starts to ring and an unknown number pops up on the screen, which I promptly ignore. Sometimes fans somehow get a hold of either Marshall or my numbers and start calling us and I am just not in the mood right now to deal with a possibility of something like this.

I start to drift off to sleep in the back of the car because I am just so exhausted, only for the bodyguard to suddenly announce to me that we have arrived to our destination.

I roll down the window and stare in confusion because this isn't the hotel.

This is an airport.

"Um, Sam what is this?" I frown. "Why did you just drive me to an airport for? We are not supposed to be flying out to the next venue until tomorrow afternoon?"