25. Who's Eminem?

Aisha's P.O.V.

When I open my eyes, there's pain everywhere.

My whole body is sore, from the top of my head to my toes.

And I have no idea why and how this happened to me.

Worse yet, I don't even know WHO I am...

There's this large older man with a bald head and a strong build, really wide broad shoulders, wearing a suit sitting slumped in a chair besides the bed I'm laying in.

I hear bleeping of machines or something.

I'm at a hospital.

I open my mouth, then close it, because nothing comes out.

All I know is that I'm in so much pain and so confused...

Everything blurs and I pass out once more.

When I wake up again, the large man is also awake.

He sits in the chair, studying my face intently. In his hands is an unlit cigar that he keeps playing with, passing it from one hand to another.

"Princess," he grumbles, his voice low and gruff. "You are finally awake, pumpkin. Are you okay, Aisha?"

He sounds so worried for me. And I don't even know who he is.

Or who this "Aisha" is he's referring to. But maybe it's like... my name?

"W...who is Aisha?" I force the words out. My throat is so dry that it's hard for me to speak. "And who are you?"

The man frowns slightly.

"You don't remember me, girl? I'm your father," he states calmly.

My father...

..........

A few hours later and after being looked at by various doctors, I'm being discharged from the hospital and released into the care of this man who calls himself my father.

I am not sure how to feel about that. Like at all. Then again, I'm not sure how to feel about anything.

I have no sense of self, only feelings and emotions. Most of which are confusion and feeling lost.

I have been told that the reason I can't remember anything is because I have suffered a forced blunt trauma to my head.

The details of how I had suffered that trauma exactly are being kept very vague. I get the sense that it's according to my father's wishes. He's very protective of me. I've learned this much in the past couple of hours.

Leaving the hospital, we walk to what appears to be a limo. We've got people surrounding us, all looking very uniformed and exactly the same. Like they are security guards or something. And all wearing bulletproof vests. My um... father and myself having those on as well.

Then there's an explosion, an avalanche of voices, as soon as we step out of the confines of the hospital.

There are tons of people outside, it seems like. Cameras flashing, and I get all these questions screamed at me about what was it exactly that's happened to me, and I feel even more confused now, not understanding why it's so important, and why there are literally like reporters there wanting to know all the details.

My father hugs me to his chest and leads me to the car, completely ignoring them.

"Um... Suge?" I ask him once we are inside and the door slams behind us.