4. Preface Part 2: You're Safe With Me Always

Aisha's P.O.V.

2012

"Daddy, I need to talk to you about something!!" I say storming into my father's office.

He has just came back from his business meeting and headed straight to his study.

And the whole time I was waiting for him to come home, I was contemplating if I should even confront him before I leave, but I had decided that I should indeed confront him because the more I think about it, the more angry I feel.

I still can't remember some things... A lot of things actually... But then, certain events are very clear to me now.

Especially after getting on the internet and doing a whole lot of research.

My father has been lying to me all along, and somehow now I keep getting this nagging feeling that this wasn't even the first time he would lie to me about something important.

"What is it, Princess?" My father asks me, looking at me from the table he's being sat at as he lights up one of his usual cigars. I bet he really missed smoking those while being locked up.

"Well daddy, I don't know if your security has told you yet..." I begin, but he immediately cuts me off.

"Aisha, I have already heard and let me tell you something, Princess. All of them fools that let Slim Shady and his gang of thugs break in here, are getting fucking fired. I know that motherfucker had tried to come in here and scare you, Pumpkin. But don't you worry, you are safe," my father says and he gets out from behind the table and walks over to me.

Just as he's about to gather me into his arms and hug me, I take a step back from him.

"Safe from who, daddy? My own husband?" I quietly ask.

I watch my father frown then and he's got that stern stone expression on his face now.

"What did you just say, Princess?" He asks me.

"That's right, dad, I remembered," I reply back, not flinching away from him. "I am actually married to Marshall and we are in love. And you made me forget that. You took advantage of what's happened to me to brainwash me."

"No Princess, you've got it all wrong. That piece of white trailer park trash is the one that's trying to brainwash you," my father says calmly and he regards me with pity in his eyes.

"Oh my God, daddy, just stop!!" I exclaim. "I can't believe you would do something like this to me, this is too low!! Even for you!! And you've made me forget that I have a daughter too, how could you be so cruel!!" Tears appear in my eyes as memories now flood me of mine and Marshall's baby girl Sienna.

Still mostly fuzzy, but I can see myself holding her in my arms, she looking up at me and giggling softly as she babbles while she was still a baby.

She is about 5 now, I think. Maybe older. God, I can't even remember exactly how old my own child is!!

And even if that's not exactly my fault, I still can't help but feel so incredibly guilty about this, like... how does one forget their own kid?!