19. Sins Of A Mother

Aisha's P.O.V.

There's this saying that time heals all wounds. I suppose it's true. Because eventually, little by little, my broken heart mends itself, and I start to pull myself together little by little every day. No, I would never truly be able to get over the fact that my mother is dead, like truly dead this time, it's not just some lie my daddy made up in order to keep me in the dark about who she truly was. And that right before she died, she had literally kidnapped my own child for ransom, and that she was going to harm my child too.

My mind refused to accept any of it at first, leaving me feeling completely helpless and numb.

But I had to try and put it behind me though, just like Marshall keeps telling me.

Which that doesn't make it hurt any less.

Still, I have to be strong for Sienna. My miracle child, she has been through so much, but she's so strong. This girl is mine and Marshall's world, and I have to keep it together for both her and my husband.

It was probably the best decision for Marshall and I to go back to Detroit. Being around the girls, it really helped a lot.

Of course, we had to fly back to LA in only a few weeks for my mom's funeral, and that hasn't been easy at all.

My daddy had took care of all the arrangements though. All I had to do was just show up to pay my respects.

I felt like I was in some sort of a trance the entire time.

There wasn't much people there neither.

Just me and Marshall, and my father, actually. It appears that my momma didn't have many friends or aquintences, anybody close enough to her to even care that she had died, and that made me feel so sad for her. She truly had led a very lonely life.

Afterwords, I had gone to my father's house for a while, just to talk, and he was sincere with me, probably for the first time in years, telling me all about his relationship with my mom before her drug addiction took over and ruined everything. He didn't really tell me anything I haven't already known at this point, but it was still somewhat bitter sweet to hear him open up to me about her.

Soon after that though, Marshall and I flew back to Detroit where we had remained for the next two months.

I had avoided turning on the TV during the news broadcasts or reading any gossip magazines like the plague, knowing that there would be all this talk about my mother. Singer/actress Aisha's Knight's drug addicted mother found dead from apparent suicide... Eminem and Aisha Knight's daughter's kidnapped... And all the speculation following it.

It made me feel both hurt and angry, and I truly understood why Marshall despises the reporters so much.

Two months later...

Being who me and Marshall are though, we only get so much time to take a break.

At the end of the day, the music industry, doesn't really care if you had a tragedy happen in your family or not.

The show must go on...

So today, I'm back at the studio, working on one of the songs for my album.

Marshall is in the other room, putting finishing touches on his. He actually has already recorded the whole album from his home studio in Detroit and now just has to do a few final editing and sound mixing on it, while I am dragging way far behind. My heart just wasn't in it before, but now I am finally starting getting back into the spin of things.

Sienna is here with me too, running all up and down the studio room excitedly. Marshall and I have wanted to fly all of the girls with us out here to LA for the longest, but today we only have Sienna with us, because Kim wouldn't budge, she had refused to let us take Hailie, Alaina and Whitney with us.