5. In His Shadow

Aisha's P.O.V.

"Yo, Aisha, hold up! For real, I'm sorry about not telling you about Suge getting out, but don't ya think you kinda overreacting to this, baby?" Marshall's voice sounds behind me as he follows me as I attempt to storm out of the hotel resort he has booked for us here in Rio.

He sounds apologetic, but then I also detect a bit of anger in his voice and that pisses me off even more.

"I am not overreacting at all, Marshall, and don't you dare say that I am!!" I point my finger at him, spinning around on my heels to face him. "Don't try and downplay how I feel about this because you know very well why I would feel like this!!" My face twists in anger as I furrow my eyebrows at him, trying to look tough.

Whatever expression was on his face before now gets replaced with confusion. But then there's also a hint of amusement to it too.

"What the... Yo, ain't nobody is downplaying ya feelings, girl, fuck is you even talking about?!"

At this point, I honestly don't even know, but I've just been feeling really emotional these past few days, and I don't even know why. It might be that I'm feeling so much under pressure lately, what with my new album finally coming out, like my solo album, not just me doing endless features on Marshall's songs, and now that we are almost about done with The Monster Tour, and I'm trying to revive my own career, I don't know... It's all just been too much for me, I guess.

And now, to top it all off, my daddy is also getting out of prison, and I don't know how to even feel about it. And Marshall lying to me about it was just an icing on this like, really crappy cake.

"Ugh, you just don't get it, Marshall!!" I exclaim, practically stomping my foot like a small child.

And he says a very wrong thing to me then.

"Yo, I'm still ain't getting it. You on your period or something? That's wassup with all them mood swings?"

"Are you fucking for real, Marshall?! No, I am not on my period!! Just because a girl might be a little upset doesn't automatically mean that, the hell?!" I huff as he chuckles.

"Oh, I see, the bratty Aisha is back, i get it," he concludes then giving me one of his extremely annoying smug smirks. Everybody seems to think that Eminem doesn't smile anymore. Oh trust me, he does. Just not in public. But in private? Oh this boy will drive you crazy with that smug cracked grin that plasters on his face when he thinks he's got you all figured out.

"Ugh, go to hell, Marshall, I am not being bratty!" I protest, turning away from him once more.

"Sure you ain't, baby. Come here," he pulls me to him and wraps his arms around me in a sort of a bear hug.

I roll my eyes and try to free myself from his grasp, but he holds on.

I huff and I try to act like he still irritates the hell out of me, but the truth is, I already feel myself soften towards him. Damn him!! He works my nerves like no other, but obviously I still love him to death, he can annoy me all he wants...

"Aisha, you are like the most spoiled girl I've ever dealt with in my life, and you know that shit is true," Marshall whispers into my ear, moving my long hair to the side and planting soft kisses at the back of my neck. "You are my girl though, so chill. I'm sorry, aight? Sorry I ain't tell you about Suge getting out, I won't keep no more secrets from you, I promise. Now, let me out of the dog house."

"Okay," I reply, rolling my eyes again.

I turn back towards him again, my eyes still narrowed into slots, still trying to look tough.