23. The Night Of Part 1

Marshall's P.O.V.

It's kinda corny, but I had wanted to surprise Aisha. I knew she was kind of upset that I couldn't make it to her show cause I had to stay at the studio and work on some songs for the new album, but I was just fucking with her when I said that. Of course, I was gonna come watch her perform. It's a huge deal for her to headline her own show for the first time in years, instead of sharing the stage with me all the time. Cause let's face it, yeah, that whole power couple thing is cool, but my girl deserves her own time to shine. And she's worked her ass off for it and went through so many struggles for it.

So yeah, long story short, of course I came to support her.

Matter of fact, I jumped on a flight that left right after her flight took off.

Paul has arranged it for me to stay as inconspicuous and under the radar as possible so that the paps in New York City don't catch wind of me arriving there as well as Aisha, so that she would have no clue.

And I had stayed well hidden backstage from the audience during her show so that I won't take no attention away from her.

Aisha did some of her old songs from back when she had fist started her career as well as some new ones. She really killed it onstage, even coming out on stage with a damn snake on her shoulders at some point, which was extra as fuck but she looked hot as fuck doing that. Ans she ain't never even told me she was gonna use a damn snake. This girl that's so fucking scared of them.

 This girl that's so fucking scared of them

Shit. I might have to ride a damn giraffe on stage during one of my own concerts just to show her I can hang... Nah, actually fuck that shit, man. I'm never going near a damn giraffe.

Not that it matters. What matters is that my wife killed it tonight and I'm proud of her.

When Aisha runs backstage for a small intermission in her show and to change into a different outfit, she stops in her tracks when she sees me.

"Marshall, what are you doing here?!" She looks at me with huge eyes, and she's got the same mixture of excitement and nervousness all over her face like how she always gets when she has to perform in front of huge crowds. Even after all these years, she's still shy and gets small anxiety attacks from it, even if she does love to perform. I know exactly how it must feel for her cause I'm exactly the same.

"You didn't think I would miss this, did you?"

I chuckle a little, regarding her as she starts to run towards me, but stops in her tracks, remembering the snake on her shoulders. Two stage hands then rush towards her and remove the snake.

My wife then jumps into my arms.

And just as quickly she has to rush to her dressing room and change her clothes. And I ain't even gonna lie, whatever she puts on, she looks good in. Yeah, I still got a lil jealousy in me when the whole world sees her in all these revealing outfits they have her on during her show, but fuck it. The whole world ain't in my girl's bed, I am. So fuck them drooling ass motherfuckers.