11. Preface Part 3: It Was All My Fault

Aisha's P.O.V.

2012

I wake up in bed next to Marshall. My husband. The same way I have been waking up right next to him for the past few weeks.

I still can't believe this, the whole thing still feeling so surreal to me, the fact that I have a husband and daughter I have forgotten completely about.

Also, Marshall has two daughters, Hailie and Alaina, both of them teenagers, from his ex-wife named Kim. Kim doesn't like me at all, apparently. I guess I can't blame her for that, Marshall and mine past seems very complicated. I'm pretty sure that back when we had first met, he was still married to her, but somehow I wasn't aware of that at the time?

I don't know, I'm still not exactly clear on everything, so many things in my memory still so fuzzy when it comes to him.

Except for one thing.

Two things, actually.

I know without a doubt that Marshall loves me. It's installed in me almost instictually at this point, this knowledge.

And I know that I love him also. Which is so strange. I can't even remember him fully and certain things I see him say or do shock me, but like... the feeling never went away, I guess.

My daddy has been trying to contact me ever since I had left his place to be with Marshall again, but I have been ignoring him. There are certain things I have started remembering about HIM now too, and I am not impressed with him at all.

"You okay, baby?" Marshall asks me sleepily, wrapping his arm around me, his eyes fluttering open.

He looks so cute waking up...

"I'm fine, boy," I say snuggling up to him.

He kisses me softly on the top of my head, then on my lips.

"Imma go take a shower, aight?" He then says casually, getting out of bed and making me feel so cold and starved without his touch.

"Okay," I shrug, pulling the covers over my head.

There's this one thing that's been bothering me ever since I came back to him.

It's like... he never wants to have sex with me anymore. He keeps telling me how he doesn't want to take advantage of me or whatever, and that's really noble of him and all, but like... I don't know, I just find it odd, just because of certain memories I have of him and I, some of it making me straight up blush whenever I so much as think about it. Marshall doesn't strike me as the kind of guy that would hold off on a good time, unless he's... Unless he's not attracted to me anymore or something.

Like, I know without a doubt that he loves me, or maybe rather... he has love for me at this point, just because of everything we've had been together before. But maybe other than that, maybe his feelings towards me have changed, just because I've changed? Losing one's memory after all, it's almost like losing one's personality or something, maybe, I'm no longer the girl that he fell in love with, so he doesn't feel the same way anymore?