Sketches and Sass

I lean against the east wall, waiting for my boyfriend, Minho, to return. My hand paints the image of his face on the paper with the shiny gray pigment of my pencil. I should be off working with the other Gladers, but Fry gives me a pass on dish duty today since I'm his favorite, even though he'll never admit it. Everyone but the Runners have already eaten anyway so the lack of my presence isn't such a shame.

I carefully trace each dark hair that lines his round eyes and close my eyes to better picture his lips as I move on from his lashes.

"Well, hello!" Minho's voice startles me out of the dreamlike state I fall into while drawing. "You're looking fine today!"

I blush and look up at the boy leaning against the entrance. "Thanks."

"Not you!" Minho snatches the pad of paper out of my grip. "He's looking fine!"

I scoff in offense. "Excuse me!" I take my sketch book back and punch his arm playfully.

"Hey!" Minho pouts. "I was going to keep that."

"What for?" I laugh.

"To look at when I'm lonely in the Maze!" I laugh and Minho's sulky frown flips into a mischievous grin. "I know! You can make some more!"

Minho begins striking dramatic poses, most of which involving flexing, but I'm too busy laughing to draw anything.

"Fine, I'll just let you admire me." Minho scoops me into his arms and swings me around. He spins to a stop and makes a trail of kisses from my forehead down to my nose and stops at my lips. "I love you Y/N."

I smile shyly and hide my face in his shoulder. "I love you too, Minho."