The Wrong Love - Part Two

Thomas' POV

"Tom." Teresa says, letting her hand trace my bicep.

Why does her touch have this affect over me? Butterflies awaken within my stomach. "I like how you call me Tom. It sounds nice." My tongue moves without permission and forms words that I haven't had time to think through whether they're true or not.

She seems to like that answer and grins, encouraged. Teresa's eyes flick from mine, down to my lips, and back up. Oh shuck, that meant she wanted me to kiss her, didn't it? Forget butterflies, my stomach has become a tornado hotel and everyone was checking in at the same time.

Her face gets closer and I have genuinely no idea if I'm the one moving or if she is. Teresa's breath tickles my nose. I part my mouth as her eyelashes flicker closed. This is it. I should be excited, but, shuck, why do I feel so sick to my stomach? Puking in the girl's mouth is probably not attractive, nor does it make a good first kiss.

"Y/N?" I gasp, jumping backwards in surprise and staring at her like she's a ghost. Where the shuck did she come from? "What are you doing?"

Her y/e/c eyes swim beneath tears. If she cries, I don't know what I'll do. Y/N backs away, avoiding eye contact with me. "I- I just wanted to talk to you, but your busy so-"

She shakes her head and turns away, disappearing out the door as quickly as she appeared.

"Y/N!" I call after her. I move to follow her, but I'm stopped by a cold, delicate hand on my upper arm.

Teresa's ice blue eyes bore straight into my soul. "You don't need her. Let me make you forget her."

"I- er," my attempt to pull away fails as she only attaches herself to me more, "I should make sure she's ok."

Teresa recoils with the statement. Her hands pull away as if I were a hot flame. "Seriously?"

I shrug and take the opportunity to slip out the door. Unfortunately, there's absolutely no trace of Y/N anywhere. There is, however, more than a trace of a certain boy who looks livid.

"Are you kidding me?" Minho hisses, stepping closer to me.

I blink in confusion. "I- what?"

"You crushed her, you know that?" His dark eyes darken more as he jabs me in the chest. "You had your chance and you blew it. What's wrong with you?"

Oh shuck, he was in love with her. Oh shuck, she was in love with me! "I didn't know! Teresa threw herself on me! I didn't ask for it!"

"You let it happen though. Why the shuck do they all come to you? You're the ugliest shank I've ever seen and I live with a couple dozen of the ugliest shanks," Minho retorts, jealousy clear on his features.

I hold my hands up. "Look, I don't shucking know. I just want to find her. Do you know where she is?"

His nostrils flare as he considers telling me. "Listen, if you hurt her one more time-" his voice gets frighteningly low "-I'll Banish you and don't think for a second that I can't do that. I can and I will."

"Alright, alright! I didn't mean to hurt her in the first place!"

Minho blinks at me and steps away. "Map Room. Probably locked though so grab a key."

I nod my gratitude and snatch the keys from my leather running vest on my way over. Can't have any old slinthead getting into the maps and especially not the weapons. As I reach the hut, I hesitate. Should I knock?

Awkwardly biting my lip, I wrap my fist against the door and say, "Y/N? Can we talk?"

"Told ya." A British voice. Newt pushed the door open. "I'll leave you two alone." He kisses her head and disappears.

Watching him kiss her twinges my heart for some reason.

"Don't!" Y/N exclaims to Newt, "...go."

When it's clear that he's not staying, Y/N bows her head, nose flaring. I step into the room further and sit down next to her. We sit like that for a minute that feels like an eternity before I finally acknowledge that I'm being given the silent treatment and I'm going to have to be the one to start talking.

"Y/N, look," I begin.

Finally, she looks at me, but her eyes are bloodshot and puffy. Shuck it, has she been crying? "I don't want to hear it!" She insists.

"Oh. Should I...?" I gesture to the door, eyes wide in confusion and mild terror.

Y/N face palms and chuckles softly through tears. "No, I... just stay please."

I nod sharply. "I can do that."

Silence fills the room as we sit, side by side and staring straight forward. My fingers drum against my knees anxiously. I am horrible at comforting people apparently. The tranquility weaned on, carrying with it a weight like the moments leading up to an execution. Oh shuck, that's where this was headed, wasn't it? The awkwardness is just leading up to my funeral!

Y/N turns to me. Maybe I won't die of shame after all!

"So are you with her?" She asks, biting her lip. Her y/e/c eyes peek up at my through their lashes.

I take that back. Maybe I will. "Er, no? W- we're just... I mean we didn't actually-" I close my mouth, considering what I should say. Relationships are tough. "Ok, let's just say that yes, she likes me. Yes, she was probably going to kiss me if you hadn't interrupted, but no, we're not together."

Y/N turns her attention back to her lap and considers my answer. "Do you wanna be?"

Do I? Her question makes me ponder my answer. Memories flit through my brain like a flip book; Teresa coming up the Box and freaking the klunk out of everyone, Y/N greeting every greenie and making them feel safe, Y/N making everyone laugh, Y/N making the Glade feel like home in general. Home. Y/N was my home.

"No," I say confidently, a grin spreading across my face. Feelings were far from my forte, but now that I think about it, all those times when her presence kept a smile on my face, the butterflies in my stomach when she spoke, the inability to speak to her... shuck, I was in love. How could I be so oblivious? "No, I don't want to be with Teresa. Y/N, I think I wanna be with you."

Hope flickered in her eyes. "You really mean that?"

I nod fervently. "I really do." Cautiously, I drape my arm around her shoulders. The touch triggers a switch in my brain as if dopamine is overloading my system. I want her. I want her so badly it hurts. I want to kiss her-

Oh. I am kissing her. I don't remember leaning in or pulling her onto my lap, but shuck everything, I'm not sure I'll ever stop kissing her.

A/N Ok, ok, before everyone starts hating on me, let me explain. Yes, I know Thomas is actually a genius, but I was having a really hard time giving him personality (maybe it's just me, but protagonist all seem basic👀) so I decided to lean on the wonderful awkward side of old Tommy boy. You cannot honestly tell me that his entrance into the Glade was not an awkward legend! If you have any other requests, please lemme know! I'm actually enjoying Thomas imagines now!