Stung

*A/N Please excuse the inconsistency as to what job Y/N has. I change it based on what best fits the imagine. Thank you to Sienna_Banana520 for the inspo for this imagine, yet again!*

"C'mon slow poke!" I call, jogging backwards as I watch Minho catching up to me, amused by his expression of shame and determination.

He speeds up and zooms past me, insistent on proving his dominance. "You shouldn't have said that, princess! You had a head start, that's all!"

I laugh and tease back, "You wish! Hope you like the taste cuz you'll be eating my dust all day, shank!"

I pump my legs harder, exhilarated by the adrenaline running brings, and find myself just behind Minho. My outstretched arm latches onto the fabric of his shirt and I yank him backwards mischievously.

"Hey!" Minho cries in outrage. "Cheating! That's fowl play right there! Take her to the Slammer boys!"

"Gotta catch me before you can take me anywhere!" I taunt as I turn the corner recklessly.

My heart stops as all of the sudden my vision is filled with silvery slime of Griever skin. Pain explodes from my body and miniscule stingers embed themselves into my skin and I'm thrown roughly to the ground, a scream of agony reverberating in my throat.

"Y/N!" Minho's grin fades. "Get the shuck out of here!" He curses at the Griever and to both of our surprise, it complies and leaves.

Minho leaps to my side, pulling me onto his lap as he kneels. "No, no, no, no, no! That did not just happen! Grievers shouldn't be out during the day."

I gasp, swallowing the all oxygen I can manage to get a hold of desperately. Pain runs through my being down to the core and a mix of dizziness and nausea leave my slighty delirious.

"Can you walk?" Minho asks, desperation tightening his voice.

I shake my head, teeth clenched, and he scoops me up bridal style. As he jogs back to the Glade, a drop of something warm and wet licks my cheek and I realize, Minho's crying. He's scared. For me.

"Hang in there, Y/N," he whispers. "You'll be alright." His words are the last thing I hear before I pass out in his strong arms.

---

"Calm down. She's going to be fine."

I hear the words spoken by a lilting voice but they meld together as if I'm underwater.

"It's all my fault, shuck it. I should've been Stung, not her." I crack my eyes open and with fuzzy vision see the well built boy pacing in front of my bed.

"W- were you," I rasp, my voicing laced with a feverishness bestowed by the lasting effects of Griever venom, "crying?"

Both Minho and Newt swing around at the sound, the prior leaping to my side and exclaiming, "Y/N! You're awake!"

A grin spreads across my face, slightly lopsided. "You were!" I accuse.

Minho turns red, but then, letting out a long sigh and shaking his head, he confesses, "Yeah, Y/N, I was. 'Cuz I like you. A lot. More than a lot."

"Mmm," I hum, propping a hand behind my ear. "Say it again."

He laughs. "I like you!" Minho declares, more confidently this time around. "I love you!"

"Prove it," I say, grinning mischievously and tapping my lips twice.

He grins and we kiss. I have no idea where I end and he begins.

"About bloody time." Newt reminds of us his presence and we laugh.

"For the record," I whisper into Minho's ear. "I love you too."